LoveToLearn

K-Leg Table For Industrial Machine? Where Can I Get The Green Plastic Molding?

I recently bought my first machine. It came with a nice K Leg table. The top is perfect but the green plastic molding that goes around the perimeter of the table is missing. There is a slot in the table edge where this trim goes. There is some of it remaining, about 3 feet or so. Do you know where I can buy one?

Its a crazy story what happened. I bought a lathe a few years ago on craigslist. When I went to get it, it was attached to an industiral sewing machine table, with green top and the plastic molding was perfect. Of course I didnt need it so I took the lathe off put it on the workbench that I built for it and disassmbled the table and put it away. I didnt use it for years. I always thought though that maybe I would get a sewing machine and use the table. As time went by , I wanted to get rid of stuff I never use and rationalized that if I ever got a machine it would come with a table and I wouldnt need this one. Besides who knows what kind of machine this table fits and the chances that it would be the one I want is slim.

So recently, very recently I set the table top on the curb for pickup and as I looked back at it one last time I considered taking the molding off because it looked like something that would be hard to find. Finallly I told myself, quit holding on to everything, just let it go and maybe someone is looking for that molding and can use it and be happy when they find it on the curb. So I let it go.

Sure enough, weeks later after never needing it for years, I buy a nice deal on craigslist for the SInger 111w-155 with table and everything and I mean everything, everything except the green plastic molding that goes around the table. I means statistically what are the chances of this? Is this Murphys law or something? This happens all the time. The moment you throw something away, you need it badly.

So, does anyone know where I can get the molding for this table?

Thanks

LoveToLearn

I'm afraid I have no idea, but I do sympathise with you, It's the sort of thing I do.

You could paint the edge & of course if you want it real nice you'll could get some wood putty & fill in the slot & sand it smooth before you paint it.

You could paint the edge & of course if you want it real nice you'll could get some wood putty & fill in the slot & sand it smooth before you paint it.

I thought about that too. They also sell this flexible real wood veneer in diferent widths. I could use that and stain it nice, clear coat. I could just kick myself for throwing that strip away. Never fails.

Click the "products" tab they have several widths. https://www.t-molding.com/

that looks like the stuff Ken. Thanks!!

They use to carry that edge molding at Lowes, but if they don't have it anymore you can order t from wood working supply/cabinet places like Rockler.com

LovetoLearn,

Contact Bill's Sewing in North Carolina. 1-800-445-5647. Ask for Jones Decker. Bill's besides being a great sewing Machine Dealer manufactures sewing machine tables. They should be able to get you the T-Molding you need. Tell them I sent you.

Glenn Miller

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=68864&p=449817

Get the next size bigger, install it and then use a dremel or a router flush cut bit to clean it up, the same way you would do laminate.

Edit: Here ya go:

http://www.outwatercatalogs.com/lg_display.cfm/page/31/catalog/Master_Catalog_Vol_42

http://charterindustries.com/products/t-molding/

LovetoLearn,

Contact Bill's Sewing in North Carolina. 1-800-445-5647. Ask for Jones Decker. Bill's besides being a great sewing Machine Dealer manufactures sewing machine tables. They should be able to get you the T-Molding you need. Tell them I sent you.

Glenn Miller

Thanks Glenn will do. By the way do you pay clarinet? My dad has all your albums.

I tried that number and it is some products from niagra falls. I checked the number twice. Its no good. Do you have a different number? Thanks

Edited by LoveToLearn

Sorry, Try this Number 1-828-397-6941 ort 1-800 445 5657.

glenn

Glenn Miller played Trombone.

Art

Glenn Miller played Trombone.

Art

Glen Miller played the whole orchestra at the same time.

How right you are. Writing and arranging were his forte. Great man.

Art

Ok, got "In the Mood" running in my head, it'll be there till it is replaced by something like "Moonlight Serenade", but "In the Mood" always finds it's way back.

Art

... Maybe "String of Pearls" or "Pennsylvania 6-5000" will get stuck instead.

Oh ... And if a "Little Brown Jug" is the culprit .... Wellll!!.....

Hey Billie,

You forgot one, "American Patrol", I guess I like more of the upbeat stuff. Also Goodman's "Sing, Sing, Sing". Thanks for the trip down "Memory Lane", better than "Penny Lane" anyday.

Art

Have to say, Glenn was good, but Duke Ellington was the game changer for me. Money Jungle....

Rhapsody in Blue.... erases EVERYTHING!!!

Edited by Ole South

Boy, did me/we hijack the OP's thread. Sorry about that. If you want to continue go to Sharpen It!--->Big Bands.

Art