Does anyone have any experience of dealing with machines from this Chinese company. I have a dealer who can supply them at a good price but would prefer to have some indication of quality/ reliability of the company of origin. http://www.chinahiled.com/enindex.asp

I'm looking to get the following machines one for heavy leather one for canvas and binding and one lighter weight machine.

http://www.chinahiled.com/enproductslist.asp?id=542

http://www.chinahiled.com/enproductslist.asp?id=540

http://www.chinahiled.com/enproductslist.asp?id=631

Any insight would be very useful. 

thanks

Probably just one of many such companies that we don't hear/know about until someone finds them. A pretty impressive array of products, including assorted spare feet/feed dogs. With such a range they're obviously not some backyard operation. If you're getting them through a dealer then you would be getting a warranty? The first one looks interesting, handling 20mm thickness is pretty nice, the second one is obviously a direct copy of a Pfaff.

IF the price was right I'd probably give it serious thought - but can the dealer help you out with setting them up if you have problems? Or will you be on your own? A good price isn't much use if you can't get them working, and the last one in particular, with all the electronics is not something you want if you can't get support.

Thanks Guys. The supplier will take care of the installation and initial setup. Also an 8 month warranty on all goods with a servicing package after that if needed. Full spare parts, accessories and needles etc as and when needed.

If you are in Ireland ? then AFAIK the legal minimum warranty is longer than that ..it is usually 2 years ( EU wide ) and some countries ( UK ,) extend it again to as much as 6 years..Even B2B ( and buying ex VAT ) you get a minimum of 12 months warranty..

Btw..what kind of prices ( Euros or USD ) for each machine are we talking ?

Edited by mikesc

If you are going to import a machine from China then there is no warranty as you are the importer and warranty owner.

I have never heard of them but that means nothing as there are thousands of people branding machines in China. All of them can supply pretty much any machine and the parts to go with them.

The Chinese company is not really your concern. If there is a local dealer then he is required to supply warranty as per local law but remember that industrial equipment is not the same as domestic appliances.

Thanks for the info guys. Warranty is from the the dealer. Been in business for 25 years happy they're a stable company etc. Just wanted to check the origin of the product. There pretty much identical to the Consew and Techsew brands from the states that I see advertised on here. 

Never heard of them, until now.  They are trying to piggy back of the (I guess now famous?) Highlead factory name.

Can anyone tell me whats up with the current Chinese Highlead website?

http://www.highlead.com.cn/

It no longer works, does anyone know whats going on? Do they have a new website?

thanks to anyone that can help. I'm looking for a : Highlead GC20638-25D SP2

this is a split, twin needle, 25 Inch long arm with pneumatic controls

thanks in advance to anyone that can help

jeff 

2016-09-13_10-07-58.jpg

The Chinese Highlead site works just fine..I just clicked on your link ( the one you posted above ) and the site opens up with no problem, and I can navigate all around it..You probably have a problem ( it is not "resolving" for you , so appears down* ) on your DNS ( Dynamic Name Server ) provider..try clearing the cache on your browser and trying to connect again, if you still can't get through then wait around 12 hours and try again, some DNS systems "forget" some sites and have to have their memory jolted again when they talk to the other major DNS servers around the world ( there are around a dozen big ones ) ..or you can set your DNS provider ( on your router and computer , if you know how ) to 8.8.8.8 ( that is Google's DNS service ) ..and try..

*When you cannot reach a site, there are a few websites that you can use to check if the site is "down" for just you, or "down" for everyone..

Search for "is it down for just me"..and you'll find them, I suggest that you "bookmark" one that you are OK with ( one that doesn't ask that you give them a pint of blood and your first-born, or like them on faceburg to use their service ), can be very useful, or you can try running  "traceroute" ( or an equivalent ) from a terminal on your computer..

Edited by mikesc

Thanks for the reply Mike.

We read you're post  above and then tried  http://www.highlead.com.cn/ on both our smart phones, my wife's macbook and her apple desk top and we can't get through to the site on any of our devices. We noticed you're in France and I'm wonder if that may be why you're getting through.

Can someone here in the US check this website link and see if it's working?  http://www.highlead.com.cn/

thanks

jeff

It works fine here in Philadelphia, if a little slow to load.

Hi Jeff,

You and your wife will both be using the same DNS provider..( because I presume that you'll have the same ISP, it will be Comcast or whoever that you have your phone or internet contract with  ) so if you cannot get through to a site that works fro someone else, she won't be able to either..The problem is with your DNS provider ( which is usually the same as your ISP and or phone service provider ) not with your devices , Chinese hosted sites can be slow to load from anywhere in the USA except the west coast, because of this, many Asian companies ( not just the Chinese ones ) have their websites hosted in the USA..it helps to avoids "lag" and some( but not all ) potential DNS problems with their US customers or visitors..

I don't run any Apple gear here ( I have 10 computers and a half dozen tablets and smart phones ) all my stuff that is allowed to connect to the internet is linux, the win boxen I have are used for specific purposes like running a particular windows only software, and they are not allowed to connect to the internet, windows is far to vulnerable to attack and viruses, even when "hardened" by someone who has been using computers for 5 decades like myself..I can re-install a win box if it has a problem, but I have better things to do with my time nowadays..

Edited by mikesc

sorry Jeff the sites work here in the Heartland, in both Chinese and English. Some places that use only dish for the transfer of data can be a pita.

Mike you have how many computers? and have ?what better to do! hehehe : )  oh I know, the machines here we chat about

I couldn't resist pardner, have a good day

Floyd

I just tried "down for just you"

and it said "yep it's down"

jeff

2016-09-14_12-23-16.jpg

Have you angered any Chinese officials lately?

very off topic..

Floyd, heh heh :) , yep 10 that are switched on almost permanently ( 4 of mine , in front of me right now ) two of my sons ( he also has all the consoles, sony, xbox etc, each generation ), one which my wife uses, one to run my printer, two laptops, eight screens ( plus a flat screen tv  ) in the lounge, ( son has 3 more screens upstairs ) two tablets ( one also works as a phone ), wife has two cell phones ( one work one personal unlisted ), son has one cell phone, unlisted, I have 4 one work for one business, another work for another business, one personal unlisted ,and one just for the obligatory contact number for ICANN ( we have over 200 domain names and a whole bunch of live websites, which I build / built with some help from my son now he is grown up, in different languages and some in multiple languages )..we also have two landlines, both unlisted..and I have a rapidly growing collection of sewing machines ( 7 currently ), so I'm building an "add on" to the house ( was miking concrete and placing roof timbers and cinder blocks today  <= one of the "better things to do with my time"..We live two minute walk from the beach, and I hardly ever get time to get my toes in the sand..

If I could use my time only for what I'd like..it would be to paint watercolours and sculpt almost every minute, that is what I really do, paint and sculpt, I'm a professional artist ( have been for over 50 years, with some other side jobs, even military ) who has always had some side businesses..

Jeff ..I may be able to help by "relaying" an enquiry for you to Highlead ,if you want to try, send me a pm, I'll get to it later ( cooking dinner ATM )..it is 22.oo hrs here ATM.

/very off topic

Edited by mikesc

Jeff your gonna have to send them an o fficial hallmark I'm sorry card.

If it helps I get the same when I use your latest link, yet I can go to the previous and it opens, Heck! just call Greg or Bob or Steve etc.

I know my brother has a time with his provider and it really surprises me being he is like 5 miles out of St.Louis, always a serious issue loading internet, typical land phone line, crop land in the river bottoms is the norm, Corn grows but not much internet!

Yes, as Floyd says , you could always call Greg, Bob or Steve etc..do they do "longarm twin needle machines ?