GPG

ARTISAN 335 B BT Transportable

I think this machine is just about perfect, for the  person on the go.

Is there anyone that has one?

Maybe someone has more info.

It looks better than a Sailright  for leather & at $1,295.00 it seems to be a good price.

335 B BT      Transportable$1295.00

Theartisan® s-335B BT is a newly introduced model. The machine is designed as a table top, transportable stitching machine. The complete machine is portable and designed to place on top of a workshop bench, a kitchen table or at a trade show, rodeo, or out in the boonies. It can even be plugged into the 12-volt system in your truck using an inverter or just about any 12 volt battery. The triple feed, walking foot, cylinder bed machine is designed for sewers to assemble or do repairing of all types of leather, canvas and webbing products. The 335 B series, big Bobbin machine is ideal for making bags, purses, chaps, chinks, holsters, knife sheaths, belts, watch bands, cell phone cases, day planners, book jackets and all manner of products made of leather or upholstery type fabrics. Some features of the new machine is that one can sew as thin as a couple of sheets of paper up to almost a 12 inch of leather or fabrics using light weight threads from size 33 up to very heavy thread, size 207. A flat bed work platform is easily added to convert the cylinder bed into a flat working surface.

artisan® uses the industry's most powerful 5.3 Nm torque, 1.1 hp Electronic Servo Motor producing 880 watts of power. Theartisan® ACF-680 motor system is extremely powerful and completely speed controllable. You can run the machine and stitch slowly, stitch by stitch and variable up to a fast 1800 rpm. The machine is well made up to the highest standards with interchangeable parts and will perform for generations.

Recommended SCHMETZ brand Needle.
Fabrics: 135 x 17 Size(14 to 23). Leather: 135 x 16 TRI Size(14 to 23)

Optional BT Work Platform available.$125.00

Even the folks at Sailrite will tell you that their portables are not meant to sew anything tougher than upholstery leather. I think you will do well with the Artisan 335 portable walking foot machine. It should easily handle 3/8 inch of compressed leather, using the standard system 135x16 needles. I also believe that they have clearanced the hook to allow it to sew with #207 thread. I would send them some of the material you plan on sewing and ask for a demo on that machine.

Thanks Wizcrafts,

I wasn't knocking Sailrite  ha , I was impressed that it was portable and that I could sew sunbrella / canvas with 92, light strapping wit 138, and heaver material or strapping / leather with 207 . It  looks like it would do everything I now do by hand but, a lot faster and more accurately . I like the fact that it could be 110v (at home) or 12v when I'm in the desert areas during the winter months.

george

I have a 335b home table version and love it.

Im curious  Who else has one 

Edited by steveleather

You could use any machine like that.

It's the pfaff 335 clone wright?? I have a pfaff 335. It's pretty heavy.

Looks a bit heavy to be called 'transportable'. 

Also, you can use any machine on 12 volts. It just uses an inverter. Or am I missing something. I don't see a picture so I googled one. 

Sandy.

Looks like all they've done is mount their "B" version to a small thick wooden board and mounted a typical servo motor behind it. I think Uwe made a similar setup for one of his machines. If it's anything like my Pfaff 335 while it could be considered "portable" (as in not being attached to a table)  it's going to be a heavy lump to move around!

Remember when Compaq portable computers were the size of a suitcase and twice as heavy?   Lots of people travelled with them despite size ... Same thing with a sewing machine I'd guess.   If you need portable, you need portable!

I have the portable version and I love it. Been using it for about 2 weeks now and making 1/8" laminated belts, wallets and started making some handbags with it. The only reason why I chose the BT is because I don't have a lot of space in my garage. I have a CB4500 on a pedestal stand and the regular 335 comes either with U table or the pedestal. It's easy to move around, it is quite substantial at 86 lbs. but very doable. I use 138 thread and a 22 needle most of the time so I can't comment on how it performs with thinner thread. The top thread goes up to 207 and the bobbin maxes at 138. I like the fact that it has the binder mechanism and I think I'm at a point where I need to get the folder for it. 

It doesn't have a lot of punching power though if your leather is too dry, the most that I tested it with as far as thickness goes is 1/4", it maxes out at 1/2" thickness but I've only tried it on softer garment/upholstery leather. 

Bobbin capacity is adequate, I can stitch at least (3) 40" belts with it before reload and they give you 4 bobbins. If you buy this and set it up the way that I set it up, make sure to clamp down the platform to your table. 

IMAG0398.jpg

IMAG0399.jpg

IMAG0400.jpg

Hi ruffwerkz ,

Thanks for the info. How do you separate the base from the head? It would make it a little lighter, I think to pack in the old suv and drive 2300 miles and take out and setup again. Could this work? or just to much monkey business to do.

i'm also looking to get a binder attachment, please update this thread when you do get one. george

The head is attached via 4 screws to the base, it's easy to take off and much lighter to transport. I do however just lift the whole setup minus the spool holder so I don't have to bother taking off the belt and assembling it when I go on location. It has a really small footprint and I can load it in my Prius C hatchback with the rear seat down. I'm thinking of getting the binder attachment either tomorrow or Monday in Artisan ( I live about 20 minutes away from Artisan)