Yetibelle

WOW this is fun

Ok I was looking on e-bay for old parts and found this MONSTER.  You have to see it to believe it.  

eBay item number: 152090829134

Disclaimer:  This is not my listing and I am not affiliated with the seller, or recommend this item in any way.  I just thought it was interesting.  

Fun and EXPENSIVE!  Quite the monster, but the owner may be optimistic about its value.

The Ebay listing may disappear without notice, so here's a few screen shots to preserve it for posterity:

Screen Shot 2016-05-19 at 11.10.24 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-05-19 at 11.11.34 PM.jpg

Edited by Uwe
fixed hyperlink

I was sort of intrigued by his other listing....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Singer-Industrial-Sewing-Machine-Model-11-13-/152090816956?hash=item236951b1bc:g:SmwAAOSw3mpXN4xO

ISMACS lists this model as an up-the-arm feed but his photo seems to show across the arm with a wheel presser. Price is more inline with reality too.

-DC

Everyone,

This is a Singer 67-1.  A very rare machine.  Singer only about made 40 of them total of which I think about 21 or 22 still survive.  It was used for doing carriage fenders and the like.  I have seen 2 of these machines in Ohio.   They rarely  come up for sale and when they do it  is  for big MONEY only because they are so rare and will sew things other machines will not.   They have a 4 ft.  throat on them and a post that comes up  about 12".  In the class of a Singer 7 class machine as to sewing ability and certain parts.  Quite the machine and this one is on the original cast iron stand.  If you need one of these, buy it.   A may be a long time before you to find another one.

glenn

It was used for doing carriage fenders and the like.

Doing what to them ?

Looks like Singer's version of the Stargate .) Steampunk's dream sewing machine :)

Yeah that other listing for the Singer 11-13 is priced a little better than the BIG one.  That's a 6 foot 6 inch deep throat.  Someone needs to dig up the old factory video if this in action.

Too bad, I just ran out of pocket money. What a damn cool machine! I think with reverse it would cost more :lol: Has it a servo or clutch motor? :blahblahblah:

By gum, that looks fun.....   

I think the hubby would be a bit upset if I came home with that big chap.   I have only seen pictures/vidoes of that model, and none of it actually sewing.