Boriqua

Another ... I get asked to do strange stuff sometimes

Maybe its just silly, maybe it will spark someones creative juices. Had someone ask me to make them 2 clutch type bags that look like bloody meat cleavers .... Ok ... no problem. I gotta learn to stop sayin that!!

cleaver%20bag%202.jpg?m=1458715202

I tried to get the dark and light that you might see in coagulating blood. I mean if your going there ... go all the way there right?  :)

cleaver%20bag%201.jpg?m=1458715718

For these I didnt ask for any payment up front. They were a great repeat customer and Originally bought this from me

Journal2sm.JPG?m=1467405628

Then wanted a Backpack that was in the shape of a coffin. Hey Everyone has their thing and I am cool with that ... LOL

Sorry for the terrible pix

Coffin%20Backpack.jpg?m=1458714552

Coffin%20Backpack%204.jpg?m=1458715243

Coffin%20Backpack%206.jpg?m=1458714515

I love it, Well done

Frigging awesome.

Looks awesome

Chris

Man those are cool as all get on out!!!

Beautiful work on all of those.  I've never seen anything like 'em and I like 'em a LOT!   Might even have to try something like the meat cleaver bags!  Awesome!

Bill

Technical question???

When one is sewing their splattered blood on to the said clever, do you sew the drippy spots and then leave the edge for final assembly?

42 minutes ago, bikermutt07 said:

Technical question???

When one is sewing their splattered blood on to the said clever, do you sew the drippy spots and then leave the edge for final assembly?

LOL .. The big splatter was attached at final assembly at the edge. I sewed on all the rest of the splatter and stopped with enough thread to go across the bottom. I then used my white thread to go down to the blood splatter and stop. Now its hard to see in the photos I think but the front has a tapering gusset. I then tied off the white a couple of stitches under where the red would be and then continued with the red. Tied off and on the other side started a new piece of white thread. To get a somewhat authentic looking splatter I looked at blood splatter on google images and then when I found a section of a particularly nasty blood puddle that I thought would look cool and was somewhat sewable, I needed a spot with some meat so I could do the stitching, I brought it into photoshop and cropped and resized on top of my bag pattern tracing. I then printed it and traced it. The smaller droplets are just paint. I used 2 colors and tried to drop the darker paint into a droplet of lighter using a medicine dropper from about 2 ft up then tilted it to get a little more splattery effect.

The really fine arterial spray is just me putting some paint in a very shallow dish and dipping just the bristles of a toothbrush into it and then flick with your thumb ... arterial spray!!  :)

The funniest part of this build was I wanted the handle to have substance. I thought about putting wood in there but after experimenting it didnt work so I decided to stuff it tight with fluffy stuff to make it rigid. Only thing I could think of was the stuffing in my pillow so out came the knife. I cut along the seam and took out what I wanted and put it back in the pillow case. I swore i was going to sew it up but forgot. Come laundry day the wife takes the pillow case and starts to shake out the pillow and pillow guts wind up all over the floor!! Opps ..

Edited by Boriqua

You're a mad scientist.

Outstanding work. And please don't let my wife see those, she'll want one immediately. :)