piera

Bobbin Issue - Juki 1541S

I was winding a bobbin on top. Then my machine stopped working altogether. I checked my bobbin that was inserted and seemed to have shifted in the bobbin case.

I don't know how to get this fixed. The safety lock got on. I usually know how to disable safety lock but i can't seem to move it anymore.

bobbin.jpg

Here are more pics in my problem with my bobbin on my juki 1541s.

The bobbin isn't turning. I can't disengage the safety lock. I'm guessing i'll have to take it in for service.

bobbin.jpg

bobbin2.jpg

bobbin3.jpg

Part 2 merged with original post.  Let's keep related posts/problems together so we can see the development and trouble shooting steps that are taken in one thread.

Was the machine threaded, including top and bottom while you were winding your bobbin?  If so, there is likely a bunch of thread piled up inside the bobbin and carrier that will have to be removed.  Then you should be able to reset the clutch.  (Not my type of machine, so take this with a grain of salt.)

Tom

Thank you for merging the posts.. I got the bobbin out..yes it was top and bottom threaded.. But the bobbin case won't spin.. even when i push safety clutch with the hand wheel nothing turns..

Can you remove the bobbin cap/bobbin holder first. I first have to agree and see or ask if there is thread bound up in the hook area, looks as though there is thread of sorts anyway.

Second did the bobbin get wound fully.

Third the hook carrier is 180 degrees at the 6 position and so unbinding whatever by hand with no electric power seems a good choice.

that carrier has the slot and sets with the piece on top, when you get this atop and free, discussion on that area are on the site here.

good day there

Floyd

Check photo below,  Gregg @ Keystone posted this for information on another article.

Edited by brmax

Yep I realize my thingie is out of place .. I got the stuck bobbin out.

But when I move the hand wheel the bobbin case doesn't turn. Also, when i press safety clutch button even when I move i hear the click pop sound but the bobbin case  thingie doesn't turn.. if that makes any sense :)

Ok

If it helps, in humor I didn't catch that can you make the sound again - ok go!

I turned some wrenches in a past life and with good friends this was quite fun, Sorry.

But hey are you turning the wheel opposite normal direction, this is the ticket in resetting the clutch to lock in, so looking from that end clockwise.

Oh ya after the bobbin and cap removal ( great!) does that shaft move by hand, without trying the reset.

Floyd

Edited by brmax

Yep I have tried both directions but the bobbin case itself doesn't even move at all .. usually when it's been stuck in safety clutch mode if i turn the wheel manually

backwards it'd work to secure it back in its place..this time nothings working.. if i press the safety clutch and then the hand wheel forward .. the belt or motor screeches..

I haven't figured out where that noise is from just yet.

Take the belt off and rock the drive pulley by hand, else you are likely to do more damage.  When a machine is locked/seized up, trying to power through is looking for a lot more damage and problems.

Have you got the bobbin, carrier, and hook out?  If not pull them out so you know they are not jammed.

Tom

I would remove the belt for now, its just a bother in the situation.

Is there a photo from the bottom, or better yet, machine tilted back this may give a better perspective.

If needed after that look-see, the inner hook/ carrier may need to be prepared for better inspection and cleaning.

Some thread may have lodged in the grooves of it as it rides in the hook.

Floyd

8 hours ago, piera said:

Yep I have tried both directions but the bobbin case itself doesn't even move at all .. usually when it's been stuck in safety clutch mode if i turn the wheel manually

backwards it'd work to secure it back in its place..this time nothings working.. if i press the safety clutch and then the hand wheel forward .. the belt or motor screeches..

I haven't figured out where that noise is from just yet.

It the first pictures i can see bits of red thread in the bobbin area. You need to take out the bobbin, bobbin case and perhaps the hook to look for thread bits behind. The smallest bit in the wrong spot can bind it up. The reason no-one is telling you the solution, is none of us are there, screwdriver in hand looking for the thread.

here are some other references:

http://leiflabs.blogspot.ca/2010/05/its-juki-disastro.html

Piera sent some pics to us yesterday, I logged on this morning and then seen the hook image in the top gallery.  Now the machine is in here this morning for service with us!  Small world, we usually check this before machine leaves when we sell these as this is a known issue, but this 1451S was not purchased by us, just for the record!  

Nope wasn't purchased by KeyStone Sewing. It was purchased online from SewingMachinesPlus.com

I got my Juki 8700 from Keystone Sewing and I have had no issues with that machine.

Had i researched better when I was buying a walking foot machine I would have bought it from Keystone as well. Live and Learn.

Machine has been repaired and is ready for pick up.

42 minutes ago, Gregg From Keystone Sewing said:

Machine has been repaired and is ready for pick up.

An 8 piece band for you.....

:trumpet::guitar::drum::party26::whistle::clapping:

thank you gregg.. ill have to come by tomorrow morning to pick up!! :\

And the problem and repairs were ??????  I think all those following this thread would like to know.  I certainly would.

Tom

ill post tomorrow once i pick it up.. unless gregg chimes in first :)

On 10/20/2016 at 11:37 AM, northmount said:

And the problem and repairs were ??????  I think all those following this thread would like to know.  I certainly would.

Tom

Piera's pics above tell most of the story.

So, it was knowing exactly where to hit it, how hard to hit it, and with precisely the correct size hammer ;)

Hah :) I went to pick up my juki and also came home with a Consew cylinder arm..

3 hours ago, piera said:

Hah :) I went to pick up my juki and also came home with a Consew cylinder arm..

That Gregg musta seen you coming.....

I realize it was a few years ago, but "The pics above tell most of the story" doesn't help much. I am experiencing the same problem with a new 1541S. Nothing I have done - remove and clean hook, rethread, reneedle has worked the two fingers that fit in the slots don't reach far enough to hold the hook. Can anyone be more explicit about what the ultimate fix was? This shouldn't happen to a brand new machine.

The only finger that holds the hook basket in place is the upper one @ the top of the hook.When this type of machine gets thread jammed in the hook it makes it bind up & if the clutch doesn't kickout fast enough it gets forced out of the finger.Alot of times it bends the finger away from the slot & needs to be taken off & either replaced or re-bent so it can hold.