Don't get much call for these in the past few years. But got this one, made from Hermann Oak (c) 4/5 oz with Faille Cloth Lining.

Chief

Aweb_8445.jpg

Aweb_8446.jpg

Very nice! Getting ready to start one of these myself for my mother for Christmas.

the lacing on the edges adds a real nice touch 

Really nice Chief!  Your lacing looks great as always.  How do you bond the cloth lining to the leather?

13 hours ago, Brown64 said:

Very nice! Getting ready to start one of these myself for my mother for Christmas.

Thanks

9 hours ago, Cedric LopezAlmeida said:

Beautiful

Thank You

1 hour ago, bdpeters said:

the lacing on the edges adds a real nice touch 

Thank you.

59 minutes ago, Bob Blea said:

Really nice Chief!  Your lacing looks great as always.  How do you bond the cloth lining to the leather?

Bob, I use #77 super strength contact adhesive spray for this, used to use Master's Contact Cement which is what I use for everything except Faille Cloth and that's because if you're not very careful it will "bleed" through the cloth.  The spray works really well.

Chief

This is very nice. Making my own is still behind some other customer projects but you just reminded me perhaps my God should come first! Perhaps this weekend,

Very nice!

When I went up to Tandy for some midsole leather they handed me their master catalog and it has some beautiful tooling on the front cover and I started dreaming about making a Bible cover. My Bible's leather is breaking at the hinges. I bought it back in 1990 and it's just worn out. I need to protect it. 

Beautiful work as always. Your lacing inspired me to learn how ! If I could ask, did you have the bible to make this cover or did you do it from dimensions ? Im trying to understand on a custom order, how do you know what size to make it ?

On 10/28/2016 at 3:39 PM, plinkercases said:

This is very nice. Making my own is still behind some other customer projects but you just reminded me perhaps my God should come first! Perhaps this weekend,

Thanks

On 10/28/2016 at 4:15 PM, HobbledCobbler said:

Very nice!

When I went up to Tandy for some midsole leather they handed me their master catalog and it has some beautiful tooling on the front cover and I started dreaming about making a Bible cover. My Bible's leather is breaking at the hinges. I bought it back in 1990 and it's just worn out. I need to protect it. 

These do protect Bibles pretty well.

22 hours ago, Dave Richardson said:

Beautiful work as always. Your lacing inspired me to learn how ! If I could ask, did you have the bible to make this cover or did you do it from dimensions ? Im trying to understand on a custom order, how do you know what size to make it ?

I prefer to have the Bible (it seems to me that nearly all Bibles are different sizes), but taking orders for them doesn't facilitate that so I have them provide the measurement of the cover height, Width and the thickness of the spine. I then lay the cover out leaving bengin space, and 1/2" clear all the way around.  That makes them the height + 1" for the height, the  (Width X 2)+ the thickness + 1/4" bending allowance for the width.  As long as the custom measures to within 1/8" it works well.  Forgot, I also add 1/8" all the way around for the lacing holes the 1/2" clearance is inside the lacing holes.  Sorry.  Hard to remember the steps easier to just do them.

7 hours ago, Tugadude said:

Awesome work and inspirational to boot!

THanks,

Edited by Chief31794

13 hours ago, Harry Marinakis said:

Very attractive piece of work you've done there. I'm jealous of your lacing.

Thanks, I started leather working in the late 60's and at that time every thing was laced (just about). I still like the look as well.

Chief