Bought a bag for rements from tandy which I had forgotten about, then stumbled across them while cleaning my work area up, amazing what you find when you clean up a disaster area lol. Anyways this is a white veg tanned embossed cow leather and misson pigskin that I found as well. All hand stitched, this came out rather nice I think, can't make up my mind if I want to use a dark edge paint on it or not. more pics here

http://imgur.com/gallery/Wrlwe

Trifold wallet1.jpg

Well done, nice job. I love that embossed leather looks really good

Really nice job - stitches look very consistent.  What size thread did you use?

5 minutes ago, garypl said:

Really nice job - stitches look very consistent.  What size thread did you use?

this is the thread I use or something similar at any rate

https://www.tandyleather.com.au/en/product/sewing-awl-thread-270-yds-247-m mind you I use the saddle stitch not an awl stitcher (cant stand using lock stitches to be perfectly honest) but it works great for two leather needles, love how the needles are "dull" yet I can still draw blood with them blood hell that hurts hwen you do it!

1 hour ago, AussieMade said:

Well done, nice job. I love that embossed leather looks really good

I agree looks really nice love the white if they had this in a whole hide I might have bought it to be perfectly honest! And thank you by the way now I just have to figure out a good price thinking around the 60 AUD mark

Thanks Windrider - thread looks to be very thin.  I agree with both of your comments - awl stitcher I tried once broke while using in thick leather, so I gave it up for saddle stitching.  I wear thin vinyl &a cloth work gloves I buy for @$1.00 pair in bulk at Sam's Club or Harbor Freight to use when stitching - not only do they provide some protection against poking the needles in my finger, they really allow a good grip when pulling needles through leather.  I rarely use pliers to pull a needle through.

47 minutes ago, Windrider30 said:

I agree looks really nice love the white if they had this in a whole hide I might have bought it to be perfectly honest! And thank you by the way now I just have to figure out a good price thinking around the 60 AUD mark

EastCoast Leather had whole Crocodile Embossed Veg hides. I loved it. Just didn't have the money to get it when I was in there last week.

Remember to put that it is embossed not real. As some people out there will think it is real. I think $60 maybe a little on the low side, $70-80 I think.

I have problems with my hands so gloves are not an option for me (lose feeling in them from time to time or they simply let go of what ever I am holding which can be "interesting" when working with knives..main reason I do NOT use a headknife!!) so I will have to deal with using pliars from time to time to pull the needles though and deal with trying not to bleed on the leather lol! And the thread is not that thin its not bad for waxed though actually.

6 hours ago, garypl said:

Thanks Windrider - thread looks to be very thin.  I agree with both of your comments - awl stitcher I tried once broke while using in thick leather, so I gave it up for saddle stitching.  I wear thin vinyl &a cloth work gloves I buy for @$1.00 pair in bulk at Sam's Club or Harbor Freight to use when stitching - not only do they provide some protection against poking the needles in my finger, they really allow a good grip when pulling needles through leather.  I rarely use pliers to pull a needle through.

6 hours ago, AussieMade said:

EastCoast Leather had whole Crocodile Embossed Veg hides. I loved it. Just didn't have the money to get it when I was in there last week.

Remember to put that it is embossed not real. As some people out there will think it is real. I think $60 maybe a little on the low side, $70-80 I think.

Yeah agreed with the letting people know that it is embossed as I do not want them thinking they got ripped off and thanks for the help with the pricing I HATE setting the price on things lol now to find a customer that likes it lol. Where is EastCoast leather at?

13 hours ago, Windrider30 said:

Where is EastCoast leather at?

They are at Mount Cotton out near Capalaba, takes me about 50mins to get there from my place. 

From their Webpage:

Open 9:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday to Friday at 130 Kingfisher Road, Mount Cotton QLD 4165.

It is easy to miss them the first time, as it is run out the back of a house in a shed on a big property. The sign out the front is fairly small as well which doesn't help finding the place.

On ‎28‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 10:44 PM, garypl said:

Thanks will have to give them a look and see what their prices are like and if they ship interstate as I am in nsw but always on the look out for another supplier other hten tandy. Have a great supplier for roo.

11 hours ago, AussieMade said:

They are at Mount Cotton out near Capalaba, takes me about 50mins to get there from my place. 

From their Webpage:

Open 9:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday to Friday at 130 Kingfisher Road, Mount Cotton QLD 4165.

It is easy to miss them the first time, as it is run out the back of a house in a shed on a big property. The sign out the front is fairly small as well which doesn't help finding the place.

Just looked at their website rather frustrating everything or a good chunk of what I like is sold out arg especially as I have a waist coat in mind that I want to make!

8 hours ago, Windrider30 said:

Just looked at their website rather frustrating everything or a good chunk of what I like is sold out arg especially as I have a waist coat in mind that I want to make!

Not sure if their webpage is up to date. They have shelves upon shelves of leather in stock, not much tool wise though. You could spend a fortune in there easily on leather. Some of the best quality I have seen out of most of the shops I have been to including our local tannery (Packers) which always only seems to have 3rd grade leather available.

have problems with my hands so gloves are not an option for me (lose feeling in them from time to time or they simply let go of what ever I am holding which can be "interesting" when working with knives..main reason I do NOT use a headknife!!) so I will have to deal with using pliars from time to time to pull the needles though and deal with trying not to bleed on the leather lol! And the thread is not that thin its not bad for waxed though actually.

Get yourself a bottle of wine. Save the cork and use it to back up your awl. That should save on the sissy juice spills.

On ‎30‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 4:23 PM, bikermutt07 said:

have problems with my hands so gloves are not an option for me (lose feeling in them from time to time or they simply let go of what ever I am holding which can be "interesting" when working with knives..main reason I do NOT use a headknife!!) so I will have to deal with using pliars from time to time to pull the needles though and deal with trying not to bleed on the leather lol! And the thread is not that thin its not bad for waxed though actually.

Get yourself a bottle of wine. Save the cork and use it to back up your awl. That should save on the sissy juice spills.

My wife is laughing over the sissy juice spills comment!