Ian1783

Pedal for Servo Motor? Mine is missing.

My Singer 153W103 came with what I figure must be an older table. It is much more light-weight than the K-leg table for my Chandsew.

As can be seen in the photo, it uses a tubular bar for its pedal support, but I don't have the pedal.

Can the original pedal-type be found easily (and cheaply) enough, or is there some option for a pedal replacement when i get a servo motor for this machine?

Ian, SF Bay Area

153-pedal-bar.jpg

Yes,there are pedals that fit that style of leg.

Are they something Toledo carries, or are they more an item I'd have to source through the catch-as-catch-can parts community?

I'll only need the motor-pedal, as my wife seems not to use the knee-lift on her Chandsew, and would probably have no use for the foot-lift on this machine.

Ian, SF Bay Area

Edited by Ian1783

I have a pedal from a 31-15 industrial table, I think its the same one. its a bit rusty, but would clean up ok.  PM me if interested, I can send a photo.

Steve

You can get a fancy old cast iron treadle pedal from Ebay cheep and just clamp it on.  They would look nice on that old style table. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ANTIQUE-SINGER-SEWING-MACHINE-CAST-IRON-TREADLE-FOOT-PEDAL-BLACK-1874-1875-/371830930596?hash=item5692d9bca4:g:2VgAAOSwa~BYQbRt

Thank you all for the feedback!

And Yetibelle, that's a great suggestion! It's true that mine has an older look, and the cast-iron may match well, provided it attaches properly.

Greg, your suggestion looks to be what I recall as my table's original pedal. Just what are those "extensions"? Do they go from the pedal to the motor? I have a link-chain that I'm sure is for the presser-lift pedal. I also have a rod with hook-end, with a clamp that I think is meant to hold two rods (for length adjustment), but I'm missing one of those rods.

Ian, SF Bay Area

Ian, referring to Gregg's photo, you can see a row of holes along the front edge of the treadle, the extension bolts on there. It provides an adjustment for the connection rod(s) from the treadle to the motor, depending where the extension is bolted to the treadle, allowing the rods to be more in line with the motor.

I see, and aligned more vertical with the pull-point on the motor's lever. Makes sense.

Ian, SF Bay Area