venator

Wallet Liners

I'm looking for a source for decent quality leather liners for wallets.  Does anyone have a source for this?

Thanks.

Springfield Leather has some on special right now. 6 packs of 4 or 6 pocket for about 40 bucks.

I've never seen them or used them, but I ordered a a pack Friday night. I'll keep you posted.

Springfield's wallet interiors are pretty nice.

On 4/9/2017 at 10:16 PM, Tugadude said:

Springfield's wallet interiors are pretty nice.

have read opposite reviews.

even on their pics on the website they don't look like done well actually.

I didn't like the SLC interiors at all.  Too thick, with a tacky, cheap feel.  Like that stuff you used to see in tandy kits, only heavier.

On the other hand, SLC does sell teh Chaylor inserts.  The ones I've used were actually quite decent.  They're a bit more money than some you may have seen, but in my opinion worth it.  $30 (ish) versus sewing 13 pockets with lining ... :whistle:

I haven't gotten to use them yet. Odd thing 5 of them were leather and one was I think vinyl. It has a mesh on the back side. Sucks that it was the best looking color.

3 minutes ago, JLSleather said:

On the other hand, SLC does sell teh Chaylor inserts.  The ones I've used were actually quite decent.  They're a bit more money than some you may have seen, but in my opinion worth it.  $30 (ish) versus sewing 13 pockets with lining ... :whistle:

as war as I know they resell those, no?

wondering if there is anyone on the forum, or someone know any person who uses those Chaylor stuff..

Yeah, teh Chaylor inserts are made in australia, right?  They just "distribute" them here in the states - they don't make them there.

But I have used them, and I like 'em.

rewq.jpg

do they machine stitch as well?  Do they come dyed or you have to do it to match what your doing I haven't looked them up so I don't know.

Yeah, they're dyed.  They come with the edges wrapped, so they can be sewn as well without a 'raw' edge showing.  WIth the one in my pic, I don't know that I'd machine stitch it (but I might).  LOTS of pockets, and I wouldn't want the stitch to tear the edge of a pocket.

If you're doing a simple checkbook - pocket on each side - (does anybody do those any more?).. then machine away.

21 hours ago, OLDNSLOW said:

do they machine stitch as well?  Do they come dyed or you have to do it to match what your doing I haven't looked them up so I don't know.

dyed already, machine stitched.