saltysailor

Hello from Colorado

Just wanted to introduce myself. I just got into leatherworking a little over a month ago when I quit drinking.

With the exception of covering a motorcycle seat (wrong leather, wrong application, etc.) with some leather a couple years ago I have never done anything within the industry  

However, I needed something to do to help pass the time and keep my brain off of the booze. So, I decided to go to Tandy and get some basic tools and a couple of their kits to start learning.

That lasted just a week and then I realized that it is much less expensive to make my own projects vs using their kits  so I started doing that and started creating my own templates, etc  

i have thouroughly enjoyed the learning process so far and want to continue to learn moving forward. 

Welcome. Brand new here as well. Looking forward to watching your progress

Welcome lots of help here and free patterns too. I'm in the Springs. And good luck with the drinking. Alcohol and sharp tools don't mix well. Lol

Welcome to the insanity lol Good luck with staying dry and there are lots of helpful people around here willing to help.

Looking forward to seeing your progression

Welcome aboard. Look forward to seeing your projects.

Welcome!  And Good For You!

I don't drink nearly as much as I used to.  It's amazing how much more time, money and energy you'll have for other hobbies.

Rodney 

Welcome from Ft.Collins!

Thanks to everyone.

Trying to figure out how to post pics and I keep getting an error message saying too large to post. Any help is appreciated. 

1 hour ago, saltysailor said:

Thanks to everyone.

Trying to figure out how to post pics and I keep getting an error message saying too large to post. Any help is appreciated. 

Either use a resize app or what I do with my phone is. Text the pic to myself in anotherbapp like fb messenger and save pic again. It makes it small enough to post then. Or if on a computer look in the computer help section there are some posts how to resize them.

Are you trying to post pics from your phone? You can go to the camera app and change the settings to a lower resolution (smaller size). Or use the selfie camera, those are probably small enough