Constabulary

Singer 45K89 w. Reverse on Ebay UK

looks like the 45k89 sold very well in the UK? they appear constantly on ebay there. and some others? at the moment it seems to be the best place to find one of the class 45 machines? already 8 of them up for sale there?? in the end folker the 45k92 i showed you for parts came home with me, and after cleaning it seems too new to break down so i will look to get it welded and move it on to someone.  (EX 736179... you won´t find that one in ismacs list?) you wouldnt have a left side needle plate for sale would you ??? the one that slides off? 

Edited by jimi

will check for the plate - I know I have a right side plate... will send you a message later

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Singer-45k-heavy-walking-foot-industrial-sewing-machine/232304882539

There's also this, which I think is a 45k37 with 1/2 inch stitch

Not sure about the sellers user name though

Neil

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Singer-45k-heavy-walking-foot-industrial-sewing-machine/232304882539

There's also this, which I think is a 45k37 with 1/2 inch stitch

Not sure about the sellers user name though

Neil

That one looks modified to me - the jump footy system looks like one from an Adler 4 (I guess) and seems the adjuster screw for the jump foot system has been replaced with an odd one - it also has no reverse and seems to be "cheaply" over painted (did not remove parts in advance)  I would not buy it without having it tested. The more I look at it the more I would not buy it at all.

EDIT:

Yeah - just noticed the seller name :no: - seems to be wear some "brownshirts" -  (where is the puke smiley)

Edited by Constabulary

It does look unusual but there's this picture www.industrialsewmachine.com/images/SingerV/45k37.jpg

And this ebay listing www.ebay.com/itm/SINGER-45-K-37-LEATHER-SEWING-MACHINE-/231919645088

Neil

ha ha - you learn something new everyday - never noticed this before - holy crap :lol: Thanks for the hint, Neil!

On the subject of obscure 45Ks, this has turned up. A 45K74 on a 29K stand with what looks like all the parts that wore out and were replaced over the last 100 years. There's 25 spare throat plates included :o

I can't find any information about the 45K74 anywhere.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Singer-Cylinder-Sewing-Machine-45k74-/172663996558

Neil

I've seen mention of that foot in a Singer 45 class manual. It is a shoe sole foot that is curved to the right to clear shoe uppers as the sole is sewn around the perimeter..

SIL10-2753-091a.thumb.jpg.d2a1d26ce66dcc983392b644717da040.jpg45k74.thumb.jpg.3f83f7a5af8bd46f67183773aff56389.jpg

I Think these plates are all user made. feet and dogs also or the feet and dogs are from an Adler or Claes and modified ? 

Edited by jimi

2 hours ago, Wizcrafts said:

I've seen mention of that foot in a Singer 45 class manual. It is a shoe sole foot that is curved to the right to clear shoe uppers as the sole is sewn around the perimeter..

IMG_7353d.jpg.6de89491cdc489044e19e38747f6bc03.jpg

Singer 45K64 F1935797

there you go WIZ..

2 hours ago, jimi said:

SIL10-2753-091a.thumb.jpg.d2a1d26ce66dcc983392b644717da040.jpg45k74.thumb.jpg.3f83f7a5af8bd46f67183773aff56389.jpg

I Think these plates are all user made. feet and dogs also or the feet and dogs are from an Adler or Claes and modified ? 

I just happen to have 2 spare 45k deck-plates.  Here is one on the machine. 

IMG_5144.thumb.JPG.17c49cf03be752d00971f2e524ca9ea8.JPG

Yetibelle,

If you plan to let one of your Singer deck-plates go, I would like to have it.  Thanks very much.

Edited by Evo160K

Sure we can figure something out.  I will get some pics of it and measure it.  I have 3 45k that I have been stripping the parts from.  Not sure what's left on them?  I will get some pics.  

That's fine Yetibelle, thank you.  If you have any 45K feed dogs, needle plates, presser feet or guides that you're wanting to move, I would like to see what part numbers you have.  I'm trying to collect complete sets of the various function groups (dog-foot-plate...guide) if it's practical.  If you want to switch to a PM that's okay.

Edited by Evo160K

On 09/05/2017 at 4:38 AM, Yetibelle said:

I just happen to have 2 spare 45k deck-plates.  Here is one on the machine. 

IMG_5144.thumb.JPG.17c49cf03be752d00971f2e524ca9ea8.JPG

Hi Yetibelle,

The deck-plate looks awesome, may I know what subclass is this 45k? Does the deck-plate fits all 45k cylinder bed?

Tony

Yetibelle,

If you still have Simanco deck plates, I would like to buy one.  Please PM me with a price and the part number.  Thank you.

1 hour ago, Parfektionisto said:

Hi Yetibelle,

The deck-plate looks awesome, may I know what subclass is this 45k? Does the deck-plate fits all 45k cylinder bed?

Tony

They are from a 45k76 machine.  I can measure the plate when I get home and post the measurements.  I would think it fits all the 45k arms but you never know.