epiphanist1248

Line 16/segma snaps - wtf?

I've been working on an experimental piece, one for my own use, and I decided to use line 16 snaps (which are apparently also known as segma snaps I guess? or maybe segma snaps are a kind of line 16 snap?). I had never used them before. 

Anyway, the caps set beautifully. But when I went to set the studs ... the setter keeps holding onto the stud. I don't mean just a little. We're talking really stuck. Does that mean I haven't fully set them yet? Do I have to keep pounding? It's worth noting that once I finally pulled the setter off (which, when I do it, makes me worry I'm going to pull the stud off completely, rendering the whole exercise moot) the snap system works perfectly. 

So, basically, I feel like I'm getting to the right destination, just not taking the right road to get there.

That's odd. It shouldn't stick like that. I would check your setter. Maybe it's defective? I'm not sure just a thought

I have found that not all snaps and snap setters "sync" with each other, so you might want to try a different supplier for your snaps, or a different brand of snap setter.

I find there is a sweet spot. My setter often gets stuck to but I can usually get it out with a tiny bit of work. If I set it to hard in a soft material it happens. I have learned kind of where the sweet spot is as far as pounding it in. You don't have to mash it to get a good tight fit with those. At least for me .. Segma was just a practice thing. Still after having set 100 .. I still get em stuck now and again