Pirate305

Newbie has Singer questions

So I got a Singer 4452 Heavy Duty machine. I can sew cloth great but I want to sew light 2oz to 4oz leather. I don't know what size or weight thread to use or where to acquire it. Anyone have any experience with this machine or a similar one and what heavy thread and type is the best to use. Any ideas on where to find a comparison of needle size to thread?  I don't think using the waxed thread is a good idea, I tried and it doesn't slide through very easy, besides I think I used to thick of a thread. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. 

3a6f58b5a198f6267977495e69d1b3563e1af121.jpg

http://singer29k.blogspot.com.es/ Hi there, Here is a needle and thread chart. i unfortunately know nothing about your machine but would suspect that this is only for working cloth. best thing would be to get hold of a manual for your machine and see what it says.

http://www.singerco.com/uploads/download/78d2f880b6f5e05b3ad48013cb79f9694e6858ef.pdf

here is a manual,it says "some leathers" you also have the needle chart etc... it would have to be very thin leather. Heavy Duty (in this case)does not mean Leather sewing machine?

Thanks very much for the links.. 

Mark

This machine is not intended to sew leather. It is a cloth sewing machine