Not really anything I did myself but my father was working at a golf tournament with another board member and he told the guy about me doing leather work. Well, it turns out that years ago when the guy was younger, he had an accident that required removal of part of 1 leg and 3 fingers on 1 hand. As part of his recovery, he got into leather working. He hasn't done much since so he brought the tools and books over to give to me. This is just a small sampling of the books and patterns he sent over.

20170612_204640a.jpg

can't see it that clear but the 3 packages of black next to the wooden mallet is 3 wallet interiors from tandy, all priced at 1.20

That's a great gift. 

there is a bucket of tools and segma type snaps and eyelets and the 4 and 6 key hook assemblies as well. I need to sit down and look through them later

I got lots of stuff from an ex-con. I bought about 3500.00 worth of tools and books for 350.00 including the Weaver heritage splitter.

He didn't want anything for the stuff, just wanted to pass it on to someone that would use it

I can pm you my address and you can send it here... Hehehe 

That's an awesome assortment of stuff you got. 

That is awesome.  A lot of that stuff looks really old and probably hard to come by these days.  My Grandmother did some leather work in the 70s.  I got a couple of purses she made but nobody knows what ever happened to her tools and stuff.  Too bad because I think it would be incredible to have her old swivel knife just for sentimental reasons.

The oldest book I can find a date on is 1958. That was 13 years before I was even born lol There are also 4 different craftaids for wallets and 2 different 3/4" letters, 1 is even in log cabin style so I'm gonna have to try that one out

I took a quick look and there is a swivel knife in there with 3 different blades, including 1 that looks like it's brass, a sharpener for the blades, an edge creaser and more. I'll get a pic tomorrow when I can lay things out on the table.

That was extremely kind of him, and you aporeciate stuff more when it's handed on like that.