This is the first time I've done any kind of book cover.  My Bible was looking a little ragged so I made this last week.

IMG_1329.JPG

IMG_1321.JPG

Very Nice.  I am currently working on my second ever notebook cover.  For a project that looks so straight forward, these sure can be tricky.

Very nice work, and I agree with cjartist, they are tricky!

Thanks.  I definitely learned a lot making it but I like the way it turned out so I know I'll be making more similar projects.  

very nice work and the natural color really looks good. Only suggestion would be to move the oval with the initial? up an inch or so so it's not hidden by the buckle.

That's actually my brand that I had made into a stamp.  My original plan for the clasp was different and wouldn't have covered the brand but I changed my mind after the tooling. :-). Since I was making it for me and as a prototype I wasn't overly concerned about hiding the brand.  I agree with you though that it should have been moved up or down instead of centered with that kind of buckle.  

Ahh okay :) was hard to make out so wasn't sure if it was a brand or your initial or what it was. I've made changes midway through a build as well and sometimes you have to and be damned the tooling you already have done

What a nice way to carry the Word. I have been meaning to cover mine for years and hope to get to it this summer on my holidays.

I used 6 ounce Wickett and Craig calf tooling. I've used it on several projects and it's always been really nice leather.