A Knip knife needed a sheath.  Hand sewn with tiger thread, a little airbrush fade, and its done.

peg.jpg

Nice work there.

I'm trying really hard to convince myself...and  "she who must be obeyed"...that I don't need an airbrush setup. You ARE NOT helping! Nice sheath!

Edited by alpha2
everything needs a second look. And edit. And then, a third look.

I love my knipknives. Have the clicker on order.

5 hours ago, alpha2 said:

I'm trying really hard to convince myself...and  "she who must be obeyed"...that I don't need an airbrush setup. You ARE NOT helping! Nice sheath!

You can buy very basic airbrushes for the cost of a couple of magazines. An adapter can let you run it from a car tyre

or; secondhand - can be picked up a spray tanning set up. A basic compressor with basic spray brush or two. I got a spray tan set 2nd hand 12 years ago for $10, compressor still working and does a good job.

Thats loverly bit of work there immiketoo

Edited by fredk

Thanks, folks.  Alpha, you NEEED an airbrush.  Harbor freight has some good entry level stuff for cheap.

I can hear it now, "why do you need an airbrush?" "cause immiketoo said I did".  "oh, okay, then!"

Its THE way to get even color and finish on leather, its faster, uses less materials and you can always do fancy fingernails with it too!

8 minutes ago, alpha2 said:

I can hear it now, "why do you need an airbrush?" "cause immiketoo said I did".  "oh, okay, then!"

nah, if she says owt just say you need to have your own cos the other boys won't let you have the lend of theirs and they won't play with you if you haven't got one of your own - like a bowling ball

Airbrushes are indeed very very handy for many uses.  If you already have a compressor, you don't need to spend much to get a usable airbrush that is workable for most things we do as leather workers.  A Harbor Freight airbrush will do the job for most things for about $20 or so.  You might eventually want a better one, but then again maybe not!   If you don't already have a compressor, you can get one that's workable for under $100 AND it's really useful for lots of other things.  Pumping up that flat tire, blowing out dirt from refrigerator coils or from behind appliances, blowing up that deflated football, and a few dozen other handy uses.  Maybe you can sell that to your higher authority.

Bill

Actually, you guys are right, I already have a compressor. I see an airbrush in my future!

Wow, it took me almost NO time at all for me to talk myself into this.

See?  Thats how tool whores are made :P

The whole it can save money on dye is a valid argument. Not to mention, it does look more buyer friendly in two tone.

(Maybe I need one)?????.

13 minutes ago, bikermutt07 said:

The whole it can save money on dye is a valid argument. Not to mention, it does look more buyer friendly in two tone.

(Maybe I need one)?????.

On the opposite side of that argument is that the dye doesn't penetrate as deeply, but thats not a huge issue in my experience.