I can't even begin to say how happy I am that these dang things are done! They are going to Miss Rodeo Oklahoma 2017 to wear at the 2018 MRO Pageant in a week or so. She originally sent me a pair of booties that I deconstructed then built back up. This was the end result. I can't say that I'm itching to do another pair anytime soon! lol!

IMG_7573..JPG

IMG_7574..JPG

Those look like a ton of work!  so many details!  I like it.

YinTx

Really gorgeous! 

Beautiful work!

2 hours ago, Clintock said:

Jealous of the mad carving skills

Thanks! It's a Don Gonzales pattern. After 6 years of doing this, I still cant draw a dang pattern. Just havnt figured it out, so I buy all my patterns. His videos are FANTASTIC to watch on YouTube and helped me a bunch on refining some things. 

Thank You everyone for the kind words!

I've watched a couple of his videos as you suggested. He's got a pretty good style that I like. Also looked at a video of a guy who is this site. Billy hell is his name. Think it's the same one. 

Very Nice!

10 hours ago, Clintock said:

I've watched a couple of his videos as you suggested. He's got a pretty good style that I like. Also looked at a video of a guy who is this site. Billy hell is his name. Think it's the same one. 

Youtube has helped a ton as well as asking any question I can think of in a few FB groups. Those help a ton!

That is really beautiful work! 

You know, I've done a LOT of things in my life that I wouldn't do again. For many reasons, but once done, it can't be undone. Some of the "one off" things I've done, I would NEVER do again. But I look at what most people don't do in their lifetimes, and I'm really glad I did it. They can never take away from you that you made those amazing booties. The name hardly does them justice. I was thinking, "stupendous, eye-catching, got to get me some of those- booties".  Simply amazing. 

Oh, and one other thing, do you realize that a LOT of people will be asking, "WHERE did you get those booties???"   Guess who's name will come up.

On 7/15/2017 at 5:01 PM, alpha2 said:

You know, I've done a LOT of things in my life that I wouldn't do again. For many reasons, but once done, it can't be undone. Some of the "one off" things I've done, I would NEVER do again. But I look at what most people don't do in their lifetimes, and I'm really glad I did it. They can never take away from you that you made those amazing booties. The name hardly does them justice. I was thinking, "stupendous, eye-catching, got to get me some of those- booties".  Simply amazing. 

Oh, and one other thing, do you realize that a LOT of people will be asking, "WHERE did you get those booties???"   Guess who's name will come up.

Im very flattered! Thank you very much! I am glad that I have had a chance to work with Calli this year, I actually am donating a wide hip belt for the new MRO that gets crowned sometime this week also. These were by far my most challenging project construction wise for sure. Making sure they fit her foot comfortably (while her being no where around to try them on) and making them look like an actual shoe! Yet, I was so glad and honored that I was asked to make them!

superb !

4 hours ago, Studio-N said:

superb !

Thank You!