Ok ladies and gents, this is my first project.  Please critique but please keep in mind that it is my first project and I am on a limited budget (this was completed with scraps, a hole punch, a razor knife, and some dye).  Thank you in advance.

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

Nice scrap project! I love to just look at  scrap sometimes and say "I know there's something in there, what is it?"

(Occasionally, there isn't anything in there!"

Check out the Tandy videos on lacing, there is a technique of going through the corner hole twice when lacing around the corner that will make the spacing more even. Simple but effective.

Edited by alpha2

Thank you I will check it out.  I had some trouble cutting out the corners evenly

That's a good starting project -- it got you experience in a few things (hole making, lacing, lacing around corners, dyeing) so you can use what you learned in your next work.
What dye (and color) did you use there? 
and on a humorous aside, never apologize for using "scrap" --- all that word means is small leather bits you haven't found a use for yet!  ;-) I've got a fair bit of scrap around, just waiting for the right moment when I need a piece of leather just that size....

It is a walnut color that I grabbed at Hobby Lobby.  I enjoy being a minimalist and like to carry only my ID, insurance card, and debit card so this little wallet is perfect.  Was wanting to line it with material from an old cotton tshirt but couldn't figure out how to glue it in.  What glue works best for leatherworking?

Different glue for different reasons. I would probably use some spray glue for that app. m90  by 3m should work well.

Good Luck