Starting again after a bunch of bad health by trying to make card wallets. 1.2mm veg tan with calfskin linings, one one the right was a first pattern test and the one on the left a more finished version, but still needing some improvements.

The pattern measurements work, just being let down a bit by the burnishing and stitching, having difficulty keeping the chisels in line. Also really having a hard time keeping the burnish where it bends, not sure how to stop it going rough.

Any feedback/critique greatly appreciated!

IMG_4034.JPG

IMG_4036.JPG

IMG_4033.JPG

They look pretty good to me.  I'd be tempted to try to start/stop the stitching at places that need a reinforcement, like a pocket top, instead of a corner that attracts the eye, but that is perhaps a personal preference.

What did you use for a liner?

YinTx

Only way to reduce the wrinkling at a bend I've found is VERY thin leather and just a smidge shorter than the outside piece. Cloth also works nice for a liner and you can add a pop of color. 

There is some nice work there.  I especially like the creases on the pockets.  I always use them.  One thing you might try is putting a round hole at  the corners where the stitching "hinges" around the corner.  Even though the corners are rounded, you basically have a 90 degree angle.  You can view this technique on Nigel Armitage's youtube video on saddle stitching.  Agree with YinTX on   Starting/stopping in less noticeable areas.  

Glad Your health is better!  Welcome back.

Someone mentioned using a creaser before to prevent wrinkles. Just make a few scores down the center of the fold about an ⅛" apart.

Good job.