have been wondering if anyone has tried making a phone holster to carry on your belt? something that you can drop the phone in and make it easy to remove. also should be deep enough so you don't lose it. my thoughts are ,is there a generic size that should work with most phones . i'm thinking smart phones rather than flip type

I haven’t although it has been an interest, a size would be tough i think.

As the cost of my first smRt phone was this year and was over a grand i decided to get a case. I actually only wanted the photo viewing option, honestly that was my needs. The big screen vs my old sliders 1.5” screen.  As usual i as many say it should have been long ago change.

( with the change i work less as now im on the net almost anywhere )

Anyway i think a case is a great idea, though just wanted to mention many have a protective case. Without a holster of any means. So its a great idea if a plan is implemented taking care of both. I mention this only because my first priority was dropping it in the rocky stream or around the docks. So a better way to carry is again a great idea. Keep us posted!

Good day

Floyd

thunter9, . . . my wife had to get a new phone a couple years back, . . . decided to get one for each of us, . . . retired my beloved Motorola flip phone, . . . got the Iphone 5.

And of course, . . . I needed a "holster" or something for it.

Went out in the shop and about 2 hours later, . . . had this product.  Planned on putting a line 24 snap on the tongue if it needed it, . . . turned out it is OK the way it is, . . . the tongue just slips down inside the case with the phone, . . . and just a little slight pressure keeps it in there, . . . which of course keeps the phone in place.

Snaps allows me to take it off so I can roll around under a tractor, . . . climb up into the attic, . . . etc.

Can't say as there would be many improvements I could make.

Rivets on the back serve to hold the tongue and the belt loop on, . . . the bottom of the case is a built up stack of leather bonded together with contact cement, . . . contact cemented into the case bottom, . . . and held in place by two small drywall type screws in the male parts of the two line 24 snaps.

Works for me, . . . 

May God bless,

Dwight

cell case 1.JPG

cell case 2.JPG

cell case 3.JPG

cell case 4.JPG

Drywall screws...Dwight's my hero!