24VOLTS

sewing thread and suppiers

I'm new to the sewing machine world.  I am just wondering where some of you like to purchase your thread, needles and other supplies for your sewing machines?

Thanks,

Phill

I purchase from Superior threads and the Thread exchange for most of my stuff. Some of my more bold colors and neons I order from Coats USA.

I agree with Mark842. I have always been satisfied with both companies. I also like that Thread Exchange certifies a living wage of 20% above local average for their hourly employees. Their prices are still very competitive. Great suppliers! I have never had any issue with quality, color or delivery with any order.

jr

I found Superior Threads company nice to work with. If considering colors I recomend their sample card, both in Poly and Nylon. This is a real time saver if selecting colors for match or to highlight. 

I found the above after countles calls for big thread from coats, who i still regard as a measure others to keep up with. But Big thread in poly was just a real pain attemting to find in small quantities. 

Miami company has been the choice for my marine type, SolarFix PTFE thread requirements. 

Good day

Floyd

Thanks guys I appreciate your time.  All three sites have some great products.

Had one hiccup with thread exchange where color did not match, not even close, and they would not agree to exchange. Not buying from them ever since as they got their pants in the knot instead of resolving it.

How would you feel about ordering grey thread and receiving pitch black, then having to fight them to even acknowledge the issue, sending pictures and getting nowhere?

I needed silver bonded nylon thread in #346 for a holster job. The only place I could find it was Superior Thread.

I have occasional jobs where the customer asks for Harley Orange thread. I found mine in #207, at Toledo Industrial Sewing Machines. I also buy various shades of brown and beige there, in sizes 69 through 346.

Sometimes I get heavily lubricated bonded nylon thread from Weaver Leather. It so heavily lubed that it drips as you sew!

When I had my last needle and awl Union Lockstitch Machine, I bought heavily bonded #346 polyester thread from Campbell Randall, from whom I also bought 4, 5 and 6 cord Barbour's Irish Linen Thread, in left twist, and liquid Lax Wax.

When all else fails there are always fleabay thread suppliers.