tafspeed

timing Durkopp 239 - 125

Dear All,

I am new in sewing leather with a machine after a couple of years of handsewing leather. I recently purchased a Durkopp 239 125 machine and am looking for a manual to time the machine perfectly. I've found a 'general' manual but with no info on timing the machine. 

All info, manuals, pictures on how to..for this type of machine are welcome. 

I live in Belgium and there is not much to find on this side of the world. I am also looking for a supplier for thread and needles in Belgium, should there be other Belgians on this forum :-).

thanks 

regards

Manu 

Edited by Northmount
Title and model corrected to 239

As you already know, there isn't much available online for the Durkopp 235. You might as well be the one who starts making stuff available.

Can you please get the ball rolling by sharing what you already have for the Durkopp 235? Please post detailed pictures of your Durkopp 235 and also upload a PDF file of the Durkopp 235 manual you already have. 

Without seeing the machine it's hard to guess if a closely related model may provide a useful starting point for adjustments.

Edited by Uwe

I guess it´s a 239. The Dürkopp 239 shares a lot of similarities with the Singer 111G156 but I think yours has a larger hook but some parts are even the same.

Edited by Constabulary

Indeed, sorry, it's a 239. Can I still change the title of this topic?

Edit: Title fixed

Edited by Northmount
Title fixed

Yes, it's much easier to find information about machines that actually exist.

An admin like @Northmount or @Wizcrafts might be able to edit the topic title, so we don't propagate a typo for all eternity on the internet.

Edit: Title fixed

Edited by Northmount
Title fixed

I can't attach the manual here because it is more than 1.46MB but this is the link to it: http://www.duerkopp-adler.com/commons/download/download-text-attachments/Vintage_Parts_Books_Duerkopp/239.pdf

You'll find a pic of the machine attached.

Durkopp.PNG

This is the link to the manual: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/461606/Duerkopp-Adler-238.html?page=6#manual . The previous one is the link to the parts list.

Link to free copy of the user manual for the Dürkopp 239 from Dürkopp's site ..
https://www.duerkopp-adler.com/export/sites/duerkoppadler/commons/download/public/239/B_238_239_245_249_372_380_541_DE_EN.pdf

copy and paste all of it to your address bar..and hit "enter"

Edited by mikesc

Got that one but no info on the timing in it.

All info, manuals, pictures on how to..for this type of machine are welcome.

I didn't read it, but in the light of your original post ..I thought you might want it ..

I try to avoid manualslib et al..preferring to go to ( or to point people to ) "the original source"..

LW Member UWE made an excellent video of how to time the Consew 225 - the Dürkopp 239 and several other machines are similar but not 100% identical but this video should give you an idea how to time the hook:

Edited by Constabulary

Thanks for the video, that will be very helpful. 

regards

Manu

I have an informative user manual in German language - when you send me your Email by PM is can forward it to you. Its not the one linked above , its an older one with very detailed information - but in German language.