David Bruce

Kwikprint Model 86 on Craigslist

This is not my machine but I thought that I would post it on here since I rarely see these listed outside of ebay. It's listed on Chicago's Craigslist for a steal.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/tls/d/kwikprint-model-64-hot/6447960806.html

Screen shot 2018-01-06 at 1.09.59 PM.png

Steal ? ..If I lived in the USA I'd bite their arm off at that price..

34 minutes ago, mikesc said:

Steal ? ..If I lived in the USA I'd bite their arm off at that price..

Ha! I don't think they would like that, Mike.

$1500.00 is about what the shipping would cost me..I think I'm safe from that ( maybe scam )..but..

Thanks for researching it for anyone else reading..can never be too careful.

I can't say if it's legit or not but the ebay listing is in the Chicago suburbs so it's probably the same seller. I bought a model 86 last month with a custom stand and two sets of type from facebook's marketplace for under $300 but it needed almost $400 in new parts. This one's (model 64 not 86) been on Craigslist for awhile and they keep dropping the price. Maybe they just want to get rid of it since it looks like it's taking space in a business?

Edited by David Bruce
Wrong Model #

15 hours ago, Mark842 said:

I have seen the same shopsmith listed on Craigslist for one price and eBay for a higher price. I gather it is from eBay fees. The one I saw on eBay even mentioned his ad on Craigslist for 500 less.

3 hours ago, bikermutt07 said:

I have seen the same shopsmith listed on Craigslist for one price and eBay for a higher price. I gather it is from eBay fees. The one I saw on eBay even mentioned his ad on Craigslist for 500 less.

eBay fee's are 8 to 12% at most depending on category. Just saying for a potential buyer to do their due diligence. I trust the seller on eBay actually has the item over the craiglist ad. eBay seller has a track record of 30,000 sales on a venue that allows a buyer recourse if something goes wrong. Not to mention their price is far more realistic.

If it's too good to be true....

1 minute ago, Mark842 said:

eBay fee's are 8 to 12% at most depending on category. Just saying for a potential buyer to do their due diligence. I trust the seller on eBay actually has the item over the craiglist ad. eBay seller has a track record of 30,000 sales on a venue that allows a buyer recourse if something goes wrong. Not to mention their price is far more realistic.

If it's too good to be true....

I was just offering another scenario, caution is always good practice on the net.

P.s. you need a copy of my social? :P

Just now, bikermutt07 said:

I was just offering another scenario, caution is always good practice on the net.

P.s. you need a copy of my social? :P

haha..nah I already have a few extra socials I use.

Sweet. Can I interest you in a birthdate or a valid license number? :bike:

I noticed that the seller listed their address on the Craigslist ad so I googled it. Looks like it's a business called Irv's Luggage that's been around since 1947. They are in Mount Prospect, IL which is just north of Chicago. https://www.irvsluggage.com/

Edited by David Bruce
additional info