superpacker

Keen Edge Beveler Size

Wanting to obtained a subtle rounded edge on belt straps - and seems this is the tool to do so? My standard 2 seems to just give a hard 45 degree to any existing 90 degree where it seems that the Keen creates more of a rounded edge. If so, what size to do need for 8-9 or 9-10 oz? Looking for a barely rounded edge NOT an almost domed edge that takes lots of the grain side off 

Edited by superpacker

I use a regular edger, on both flesh and grain side edges then the edge becomes rounded when I work it with my slicker

On 1/19/2018 at 10:07 AM, superpacker said:

Wanting to obtained a subtle rounded edge on belt straps - and seems this is the tool to do so? My standard 2 seems to just give a hard 45 degree to any existing 90 degree where it seems that the Keen creates more of a rounded edge. If so, what size to do need for 8-9 or 9-10 oz? Looking for a barely rounded edge NOT an almost domed edge that takes lots of the grain side off 

Check out this thread. 

I think that a number 3 would do you good for heavy leathers and 2 would be good for medium leathers (5-7 oz) and 1 good for light leathers (2-4) oz 

hope it helps

14 hours ago, AA1921 said:

How do you get the red  off the tips without damaging them??

What is the 'red' material?  Can't supply answers with no pertinent information.

If the red is the plastic coat dip it should peel right off. 

22 hours ago, AA1921 said:

How do you get the red  off the tips without damaging them??

Blood?:whistle:

I've had good results with the Jeremiah Watt/Horseshoe bevelers. For Belts I use a #2  front and back for standard 8-9oz. For thicker and  gun belts I use a 2 on front and a 3 on the back. If you have a 3D printer you can print extra handles

3 hours ago, dikman said:

Blood?:whistle:

:blink: 

:rolleyes:No, I just received them. It is the protective coating.  I finally got it off.