IMG_3510.thumb.JPG.ea58ffc7afd7c5fc2ec50ff4fa7e8406.JPG

Here's a little minimalist wallet I made from veg tanned leather and treated with neatsfoot oil. I use these minimalist wallets often while on vacation when there's no need to lug around the oversized style wallets in your back pocket. 

That looks nice. What thickness of leather did you use?

17 minutes ago, Mattsbagger said:

Looking good. You are really busy pounding out stuff.lol

After retiring a couple of years ago, I had to find something to do with myself. I worked as an aircraft tech with a major airline for the past 40 years. When you're used to using your hands every day, leatherworking became the perfect substitute and I pretty much fell in love with it. 

31 minutes ago, EJP said:

That looks nice. What thickness of leather did you use?

Thank you!  I used 3 to 4 oz veg tanned. 

Edited by Jetdoctorbox

Well...isn't that a slick little thing...just grab and go. Very compact in the pocket...nice design (rounded corners with nothing to snag) and should patina well over time.

Looking good, Doc.

1 hour ago, Double Daddy said:

Well...isn't that a slick little thing...just grab and go. Very compact in the pocket...nice design (rounded corners with nothing to snag) and should patina well over time.

IMG_3515.thumb.JPG.ba512da0b86dba407b4b9e3b7078e9ae.JPGIMG_3516.thumb.JPG.e3c2cb92635a9343cb3028759445b3c6.JPG

Here's another one in the same style I made for a friend of mine, dyed in that bison brown I like so much and a makers mark/ initials. I have to say, for such a simple design, these things are really practical. 

Edited by Jetdoctorbox

15 hours ago, Jetdoctorbox said:

After retiring a couple of years ago, I had to find something to do with myself. I worked as an aircraft tech with a major airline for the past 40 years. When you're used to using your hands every day, leatherworking became the perfect substitute and I pretty much fell in love with it. 

Couldn’t agree more. I’m an airline mechanic and have really enjoyed leatherworking since discovering it about a year ago. Keeps my hands busy on my weekends. 

5 hours ago, Retswerb said:

Couldn’t agree more. I’m an airline mechanic and have really enjoyed leatherworking since discovering it about a year ago. Keeps my hands busy on my weekends. 

What airline do you wrench for?  I'm retired from Northwest and United. 

I’m with Horizon, Alaska’s regional. Dash-8s and E175s. I like the schedules available at a regional but looking to get on with Alaska for the better wages.