lrishjoe

New Sewing Machine

Hello everyone,

I have been lurking and reading from this forum for about a year now, reading topics like sewing machines and common problems people have had. I have been saving up for about 6 months and had decided it was time to make the big purchase.  I decided on a new machine as my first industrial machine and after checking out a few of the recommendations others had posted on the forum. I called Bob at Toledo Industrial about 2 weeks age.  Despite being close to his closing time he took the time to listen to what it was I was looking for and the kind of work I intended to use the machine for. I had a few concerns about shipping as his shop is in Ohio and I live in Tampa Florida. He answered all of the questions I had and I decided to go ahead and purchase the Consew P1206-RB. 

My machine arrived today at the freight terminal and I went to pick it up. I was very happy with the way it was received. The table was already assembled with motor and everything attached. The table was bolted to the pallet ensuring safe transport. The machine was boxed up with the extra items i ordered ( a few spools of thread and appropriate needles ). When I got everything home it was a snap to get set up and going. Still playing around with it and looking forward to getting started on a few projects. So far I was using scrap leather to get used to adjustments and getting used to the machine. I wanted to take the time to Thank Bob on the forum, and thank the general membership for all the knowledge and experience.  For anyone who may be thinking about getting a machine, I would recommend Bob at Toledo Industrial as it was a great experience.  

Best regards to all,

Joe

Joe, I believe that I have a locally badged version of the same machine. Works great for a lot of different jobs that you might put through any typical upholstery-weight machine. Needles, bobbins and presser feet are very widely and cheaply available. I've sewn bags, wallets, purses, dog collars and leads, belts, lighter-weight 'adult' stuff and some light duty knife sheaths with it. It may not be the prettiest girl in the shop but it is a real workhorse.

Joe,

That looks like a really versatile machine. I remember reading the specs on that one before, I really liked that it had a bobbin winder on top and the fact that it uses the "M" size bobbin. Also, had read that it can handle thread weights up to 207 bonded, nylon or poly. I think for what the machine can do, it seems to be a real bargain at prices I have seen listed on-line.

Oh, I almost forgot, let us know Joe if you do use the 207 weight bonded thread. I'm curious if it would work well in top as well as bobbin thread?

I'm sure you will have lots of fun playing with your new machine, so Congrats to you!

Edited by suzelle
Adding question

So far I am running # 138. There has been a learning curve with the machine from non industrial machines I had used in the past, but I'm working through them. I may try # 207  in the future. When I do I will post up. 

I looked at the same machine but ended up getting a Juki 1541s. You will have to post some of your projects. It's a fun learning experience.

That's a nice machine you got there, good luck.

I would recommend(for future reference) if you use #207 on top to use #138 in the bobbin,it is hard for these machines with this type of hook to pull the bobbin thread into the material for a better looking stitch,so the smaller thread is needed in the bobbin.

If you try #207 on top and have trouble getting the knots to pull up, try using a #23 or #24 needle.