Can you help with a problem I have with a Juki LU 563? The clutch does not re-engage the main shaft after resetting the clutch ( I cannot sew). I have tried pressing the right button while turning the belt drive wheel, in the opposite direction ( away from the sewer) according to the instruction manual. The wheel seems to be locked when pressing the button and does not correct the problem. In addition the the stitch length mechanism disengages the clutch each time I try to change the stitch length. Thank you in advance.

Thank you all. Uwe Grosse has helped me solve the problem with The Juki LU 563 but after fixing the main problem the machine sews backwards. Can anyone help?

Game,

I had the same problem on my Consew 226.  It's not the same machine, but they have a surprising number of similarities. 

For me it was a missing spring and latch on the safety clutch.  It had been taken off by the previous owner.  The clutch can still re-engage fine, but you have to do it manually from underneath.  The button on the sewing machine bed won't work.  Attempting to change stitch length may pop the safety clutch until you get it locked back in and re-tightened as well.  

44 minutes ago, Game said:

Thank you all. Uwe Grosse has helped me solve the problem with The Juki LU 563 but after fixing the main problem the machine sews backwards. Can anyone help?

That is a common problem.  As I recall, my machine did that too.  Your timing must be out 180 degrees.  At any rate, look for the alignment arrows underneath and make sure they align when they're supposed to.  Did you have the timing belt off to make the repair?  If so, it's almost certainly a simple timing problem.  Servo motors can be switched to run the wrong way, which can also cause backwards sewing, but I'm guessing that's not your particular problem.  

Edited by Pintodeluxe

Thank you everybody. I still need to learn how to use this forum for best results. Where are the instructions?

6 hours ago, Game said:

Thank you everybody. I still need to learn how to use this forum for best results. Where are the instructions?

You are doing fine so far. But, if you can take some small file size, but close up pictures of the clutch and the shaft it is on, and upload them to this topic in a reply, that would help us troubleshoot your problem. A closeup video of the machine sewing backwards would also be helpful. It would have to be hosted elsewhere, like on YouTube, and linked to/embedded in your reply.

Hello I was having the same problem as the original poster with the Juki Lu-563. I posted on a juki group and was told it sounded like the clutch was out, to push the button and to turn the wheel away from me. So I tried again, I don't know much about my machine maybe it was already locked in just not working? Now my machine is completely locked up. I can not turn it at all and when I try to use the foot petal nothing happens.