JJN

Can anyone identify this dual needle clamp?

Included with a purchase I made was a large quantity of these bronze (or brass) two needle clamps. I have no idea what machine they are for but I suspect it is an old domestic type of machine. It has a 0.25" hole to attach to the needle bar. The holes for the needle shanks are smaller than a normal domestic needle and measure 0.068", or a little over 1/16". The needle centers are 0.085" or 2mm apart. The overall height is 0.688" ant the width is 0.500". The  needle holes are drilled through to where the needle bar stops. I have a ton of them. I am sure it is not for an industrial leather sewing machine, but I figured someone on here might recognize them.  Any help is appreciated.

bronze-needle-clamp.jpg

I just tried a couple 16x257 needles and they fit perfectly.

This is a twin needle attachment used to add a double stitch to a single needle sewing machine.  The one shown

I am modifying to make jeans belt loop.  The one you have I could use to sew a narrow double line on shoe uppers.

Let me know if I could buy one and after trying I will get back to you with feedback.  tx Lynn

TWIN NEEDLE.JPG

7 hours ago, ljk said:

This is a twin needle attachment used to add a double stitch to a single needle sewing machine.  The one shown

I am modifying to make jeans belt loop.  The one you have I could use to sew a narrow double line on shoe uppers.

Let me know if I could buy one and after trying I will get back to you with feedback.  tx Lynn

TWIN NEEDLE.JPG

Lynn,

Send me a PM with your address and I will ship 6 of them to you. No charge.

Thanks,

John

On ‎27‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 4:24 AM, ljk said:

This is a twin needle attachment used to add a double stitch to a single needle sewing machine

Do you mean to say this attachment can make any single needle machine a double needle machine?

Surely a double needle machine needs to have double bobbins or be set up as a chain stitch machine. On the other hand, maybe I have no idea what I am talking about. :crazy:

Works on a zigzag machine, set for no zigzag (straight).  2 spools on the top, single bobbin.  Both threads fed through the tension disks together.  My wife uses this for hemming tee-shirts.  There are off the shelf twin needles for domestic machines.

Tom

On 6/26/2018 at 4:24 PM, ljk said:

TWIN NEEDLE.JPG

Hello, I have a singer 20U33 that I bought because I read that it can be used as a double/twin needle, not knowing how hard it would be to find info and parts. I did find the one pictured (blue background) but everywhere is out of stock and they cannot say when it will be back (ebay, aliexpress, amazon). If anyone has any leads I would really appreciate it! I need the wider gauge as it will be used for double top-stitching seams that are backed with bias tape. Thanks!

On 6/30/2018 at 11:17 AM, Rockoboy said:

Surely a double needle machine needs to have double bobbins or be set up as a chain stitch machine.

Just to clarify, the twin needles on top with a spool for each, both threads passed through the tension disks, single bobbin thread on the bottom.  The top shows double row of stitches, the bottom thread shows as a single zigzag stitch since it has to hit both top threads.