Sign in to follow this  
Mocivnik

Tools in Scotland, Inverness and Edinburgh?

Does anyone knkws, where I could buy leatherworking toola in Edinburgh or Inverness? 

Im staying here for a while and would like to putchase some tools aswell. 

Could bu some vegetable tanned leather aswell. Any stores in mind? 

Hi

I don't know anywhere in Edinburgh but I do know of a place in Newcastle ( not that far away a couple of hours I think), http://www.leprevo.co.uk/index.htm the website is a bit old fashioned, but i have ordered received from them, and they are really good to deal with. If I was a close as you, I would certainly pay them a visit.  (You won't need your passport even though you are entering another country!!!)

Hope this helps

JCUK

Second Lepravo a good supplier

Dont know if anyone makes vag tan with highland cattle up there

Tannerbates https://www.tannerbates.co.uk/pages/about-our-leather traditional oak leather from the time the romans invaded england

Sedgwick traditional leather www.sedgwickandcoleather.com 

All should be able to send up to Scotland at a low price but the above are probably the best veg tan in England

Edited by chrisash

I concur with the suggestions for Le Prevo and Bakers of Colyton. I visited Bakers tannery recently, fantastic place. Top notch leather.

Le Prevos website may be straight out of the 90s but they stock a lot of good leathers, tools and associated stuff at reasonable prices.

Dealed with leprevo, if i had to scale it, is be 7/10.

They are helpful, but a bit too harsh. Ive bought off them and instead of reasonable discussion about certain toools they just demanded it back.

But the qualit is 9/10.the end punch for leather belt got crunched after 10 (!) belts already.