iknowthemuffinman

Leather Scrap/Remnant Chicago

Does anyone in Chicago/Chicagoland Area know where I could get some scraps/remnants? I've looked around at some places in the city and online, but am looking for some more advice/sources if anyone has any. Thanks!

Springfield Leathercraft has some good scrap packs that are worth the money. They also sell most leathers by the square foot so you can order as little as a single square foot of leather which is much better than most scrap packs since you get larger pieces without a lot of investment. 

I typically don't recommend the Tandy scrap packs as you barely get anything large enough to use for the price.

Edited by Sceaden

Thanks! I've looked at Springfield and like some of their offers. I agree on Tandy's as well. In the past I've used a lot of Micheals and Hobby Lobby leather scraps. Recently, I've been trying to see about finding other (perhaps better) sources of scraps/remnants. 

SLC's remnant packs are true, quality leather scraps for much better prices than anything you'll find at the hobby shops. 

I think S and T leather is Great.

What type/size/thickness leather are you looking for? I can pack a lot of scraps in a post office flat rate box.  I have big boxes full I would love to sell!

being in chiago, I wonder what kind of scraps and seconds might be laying around the Horween tannery...

Thanks guys. Right now I'm pretty good on scraps. But if i need any soon, i may let you know ;) i mostly am lookingfor scraps to make smallet projects, the biggest being wallets. @Brianm77 that would be interesting.