PappysLeather

How to remove stickers from Tandy's leather straps

Anybody else cuss at Tandy's for their stickers on back of their leather belt straps? How do you remove them?

Edited by Northmount
Changed Wendy's to Tandy's

We don't have Wendy's here, but I can understand your dilemma. If its remove the adhesive, I would use a glue remover. We have a product called De-solv-it. Its made from orange oil I think. You could try a little Isopropyl Alcohol on a cloth.

Alternatively, if its just to remove the tacky surface and the residue will not be visible, dust it with a little talcum powder.

After the sticker is removed by any means, I wonder if DeGlazer would get rid of the adhesive? Haven't tried it myself, but that stuff is pretty potent, and shouldn't harm the leather.

10 hours ago, Rockoboy said:

We don't have Wendy's here, but I can understand your dilemma. If its remove the adhesive, I would use a glue remover. We have a product called De-solv-it. Its made from orange oil I think. You could try a little Isopropyl Alcohol on a cloth.

Alternatively, if its just to remove the tacky surface and the residue will not be visible, dust it with a little talcum powder.

Orange oil is amazing stuff. When I ran a dump truck we used it to clean the tack and asphalt off our trucks.lol

If the surface is sealed WD40 will remove the label sticky

It was suppose to be Tandy's can somebody change it?

1 hour ago, PappysLeather said:

It was suppose to be Tandy's can somebody change it?

I was wondering if Wendy's was branching out to leather so they could sell All aspects of the cow!   :P

- Bill

3 hours ago, PappysLeather said:

It was suppose to be Tandy's

Still don't make any difference. No Tandy Leather within 3000kms+, but I feel your pain. The MDF I cut with a laser comes with the nuclear-powered stickers on one side!