Treesner

Dye top of logo only

Does this technique have a name and how do you achieve just getting dye on the top of the logo?70906899-D08C-4D87-A1E1-AD15D08CB495.thumb.jpeg.f1fd7dcb2909c8ba8f8bafae41638f3a.jpeg

I usually do things the hard way so I probably would have used a very small detail brush and would have hand painted it on. Probably could also use a resist (I use RTC) on all the places you don't want dye, then dye it, then clean away the excess.

I too do things the hard way, and would have done it as VYO mentioned.  However, this looks like block dye technique.

YinTx

20 hours ago, YinTx said:

I too do things the hard way, and would have done it as VYO mentioned.  However, this looks like block dye technique.

YinTx

whats a block dye technique?

As the lettering is raised, you can put dye on a piece of cloth wrapped around a block, so that the dye only touches the raised parts as you wipe over the piece. Look for youtube videos on block dying, as mentioned above. PRACTICE a bit first, before you go to the money piece. It's not difficult, but could use a bit of experience to make it look nice.

Unrelated, MOST Colorado beers are better than Coors. Okay, maybe all of them. Except those from my home town mega brewery, Anheuser-Busch nee In-Bev. Budweiser is marginally better than Coors. If it's 100 degrees F. and you just finished mowing the lawn. And now, back to your regularly scheduled program...

Jeff

Edited by alpha2

The truth^^^^