RemingtonSteel

First Western Gun Belt and Holsters for CAS

This is my first attempt at a western style gun belt and two holster set. I shoot cowboy action shooting and wanted to make my own rig.  Both the belt and holster are lined, and both layers are made from 7/8 oz. veg taned leather. I followd Jim Simmons tutorial on “Making the Cowboy Holster “ that I found on ths site - Thanks Jim! 

Lots of fun, but lots of work too. Plenty of mistakes for the first time,, but thats how you learn. If I am going to more of these, I am going to have to get a sewing machine!!!

DEDD07C9-59ED-4C93-921D-69C364AB0BA5.jpeg.2fd37d443131d875a0912eda8f965523.jpeg

18B5331D-6F77-4ECF-8E13-8E7DC120DCD2.jpeg.c6da4a0e89f27d85d4f5e3138c312f99.jpeg

D19606D6-BC49-42ED-B126-AACE263AC780.jpeg.b9d29b0979412af495f9a8acb4a04041.jpeg

Great looking holsters and belt. Nice colour and stamping.I like the conchos and braid on the holsters.I have to get round to doing my own soon..

Good job......now it's time to do some spur straps to match....

Noobleather, No time like the present.  I have to say that it probably took me more time to decide on the style and look that I wanted, than it did to actually make the rig.  Spent hours on Pintrest looking at different western holsters.

1 hour ago, SickMick said:

Good job......now it's time to do some spur straps to match....

Now its time to go shooting... Then maybe some spur straps.

Wish I could edit the title, noticed I missed a T in belt.

Edited by RemingtonSteel

Wow! That's some nice work! Great job all around! A bead border with a San Carlos stamp and some sort of cam stamp around the inside has always been a favorite of mine. Your version looks great! A sewing machine makes lined belts much more enjoyable! 

All the best, Josh

Very nice rig for sure and welcome to CAS land!!! Its a hoot. You have inspired me to perhaps upgrade my rig.

I appreciate the comments!

Everyone should know that I searched Pinterest for months pinning holster rigs that I liked.  I kept going back to one photo in particular, that had a rig with design elements that I really liked.  I took the design and modified to suit my needs and that of CAS.  Yesterday, I decided to see if I could track down who the original creator of that rig was.  As it turns out my search lead me back to leatherworker.net, and one of our very talented and prolific leather workers - Josh Ashmen.  Here is the rig I based my work on:

So a big thank you to Josh for the inspiration behind my rig.

Steve

Outstanding! My first attempt at a single action, quick draw rig was a fail, but hopefully learned enough for my second attempt soon! 

Really awesome job.

Well Remington steel,I have decided to jump in headfirst and have made a start on my first holster for a CAS rig. Already made a couple of mistakes but that's what it's all about.

Will post more photos soon in a new thread.

IMG_20190407_165928.jpg

Edited by noobleather
Spelling