Thank you for everyone that has helped me thus far. I am enjoying learning and constantly trying to improve.

Here are a few pictures of some of the things I have been working on. I am getting better at "pre planning" so I don't make a stitching error but it happens... I'm slowly progressing to more complicated designs with more "T slots" / pockets. I am thinking about trying to make my own designs using Adobe Illustrator in the near future.

A couple of things: Gravitating more towards Ritza Thread as well as smaller thread and needle (#4 JJ needles and 0.6mm thread); the white Vinymo thread is taking on some color change as I finish the edges. I do wax the vinymo but the verdict is out still. Also I am waiting on some Kevin Lee 3mm / 9spi French Irons. I used his 5mm Black diamond irons for the projects below. I hope the higher spi helps to take things to another level as far as aesthetics go.

A side note to anyone who can help:

What do I need to do to get to the point where I can sell a few wallets? I have made around 30+ wallets at this point and they are starting to pile up. I stopped giving them to my family because they do not seem to care. Also I am constantly "testing" all sorts of items I make and carry daily just to assess the durability. No concerns there as nearly everything has held up minus the first few items I made and I have corrected those errors. 

Ideally I would like to sell a few items either online or at a "hand made items only" craft fair about an hour from me ($35 booth fee). The cost as a hobby is adding up as well with upgrading tools and buying more expensive leathers in larger quantities. This would not be a career for me as I am very happy with my current career. If you have any suggestions I would appreciate it. 

Thanks for reading and any input. 

-Bryan

Multi Slot - 1.8mm Wicket and Craig Russet Skirting / 1mm Alran Chèvre "Sully" in Marine / 0.6 Ritza Havana Cigar

DSC05203_zpsk0lnkes6.jpg

DSC05204_zpslycz2yqs.jpg

DSC05208_zpsjb1chufs.jpg

Full stitch Card Holder - Horween Essex - Gondor Brown 5-6oz / White Vinymo 0.75mm

DSC05222_zpsi2e1gvch.jpg

Folder Over Card Holder / One of my favorites the medium / soft temper works great-  Horween Essex - Gondor Brown 5-6oz / Citrus Vinymo 0.75mm

DSC05232_zpsoqk9j850.jpg

Wallet - Horween Essex - Gondor Brown 5-6oz / 3oz Hermann Oak English Bridle in Tan / White Vinymo 0.75mm

DSC05237_zpsc0zgdoo7.jpg

DSC05233_zpsdkliniey.jpg

DSC05234_zpsw8wmu3qs.jpg

Well, I would say with what you are showing here, I would think you are ready to start making some offerings. 

Heck, I haven't made 10 wallets and I been at this for awhile. But, I tend to jump around a bit. And take lots of breaks.

What is important is for you to continue to strive at getting better. I think caring about improving as you move forward will carry you very far.

These are nice looking little wallets.

Hi Bryan,

Those wallets and card holders look very nice.  One idea to sell these would be to offer them to another business like a shoe repair shop on consignment.  Just make certain you have an agreement in writing on how much they can sell them for and what your take will be.  Local craft fairs may be a good venue, but you need to come up with an idea/story to get folks to stop and look at your goods.  I think a lot of people that go to local craft shows are looking for a bargain and I don’t know if they will be willing to pay what you want for wallets.

Where are you in Georgia?  I buy from Wickett & Craig and if you are close to Atlanta (I’m on the East side) I am happy to bundle an order together to cut your shipping expense.

Gary

GREAT WORK!

Assuming the wallet fits US paper currency unfolded (hard to tell from the photos), my critique of store bought wallets is money always comes out way too easy, but I hate when its hard get to your change back in- without enough "wiggle room".  Assuming its a guys wallet, are you dropping it in your back pocket fold down or sideways?

I am Speaking only as an amateur spectator 

Thank you all for the kind words!

Bikermutt07 - you always have nice things to say. 

Gary - Good ideas. I can start for free in a barbershop my grandfather but it’s limited as he is basically retired but opens 2 days a week. I’m around an hour south of Atlanta. That’s a good idea to save on shipping I travel to KY a lot so I’ll keep it in mind. I know my last order was pushing $35+ in shipping. 

1 hour ago, kevinkay said:

GREAT WORK!

Assuming the wallet fits US paper currency unfolded (hard to tell from the photos), my critique of store bought wallets is money always comes out way too easy, but I hate when its hard get to your change back in- without enough "wiggle room".  Assuming its a guys wallet, are you dropping it in your back pocket fold down or sideways?

I am Speaking only as an amateur spectator 

The wallet is deep enough to hold the bills with plenty of wiggle room and securely from what I can tell. I have not carried it because I’m carrying one of the small fold over ones with outer in the Wicket and Craig that I lined with the Alran. Excited to see the patina. 

Another version would be to extend the back side and add a flap. If I get a chance I’ll try to make one soon.

- Bryan

CD42F3C9-9591-436C-8585-73F3D0355F28.thumb.jpeg.c92bfe0a646fda673d9a187f45cdc1cd.jpegUnfortunately I had to cut the image here, new to the forum https://www.marvinsleathers.com/ just opened up my site I would love for any feed back or questions have been leather crafting for roughly 6 months, just a hobby for now thanks for letting me share my crazy wallets lol

I spent a few hours getting this together last night.

First time putting in a liner (I used the spray glue from Home Depot 3m #77 I think that is correct) and a cash flap. Also the first time using 3mm / 9spi irons.

Not sure how it will hold up? I probably should have cut the fabric back  to allow the edges to burnish better. Not perfect and it has few little mistakes but it's all about learning. 

Comments and advice welcome. 

-Bryan

DSC05239_zpscajhbfho.jpg

DSC05240_zpsbibcldgs.jpg

DSC05251_zpsgzgzstqp.jpg

Open an Etsy shop, or post them on an Instagram page of your own, and put in your info ... “message me for purchase inquiries “.