A friend of mine asked me for a luggage tag I got at an IT vendor conference, which i gave him  It inspired my to go home a make him a custom one.  i tried to make it look old and well travelled.  This was my first attempt at cutting a strap and making a mini belt.  All in all not bad for a few hours work and he loved it. it was terrible difficult to burnish the ID window area as the leather moved around and the corners e impossible, any tips?

20190725_014317.jpg

20190725_014356.jpg

For thin edges like the window I would just apply a couple of coats of edge paint.

Gary

I have done a few luggage tags out of chrome tan and burnished the edges of the window.  I found putting the leather on a small piece of marble/granite (I get cast offs from a counter top company's scrap bin) that has a straight edge to hold it while I burnish it has helped.  I can apply pressure to hold it down on the marble/granite while using my other hand with the burnishing implement.  

45 minutes ago, Scoutmom103 said:

I have done a few luggage tags out of chrome tan and burnished the edges of the window.  I found putting the leather on a small piece of marble/granite (I get cast offs from a counter top company's scrap bin) that has a straight edge to hold it while I burnish it has helped.  I can apply pressure to hold it down on the marble/granite while using my other hand with the burnishing implement.  

This is exactly what I was going to recommend.  Works for me.

On 8/9/2019 at 7:17 AM, Tugadude said:

This is exactly what I was going to recommend.  Works for me.

+1  and cool tag!

YinTx