NeilMott

Looking for a denim blue leather

I'm looking for a similar leather to this, but in a slightly lower weight (around 2-3 mm thick):

https://www.springfieldleather.com/Buffalo-Pre-Cut-12-24-Crazy-Horse-Denim

Any ideas?  I didn't see anything similar on Rocky Mountain leather....but may have missed something similar.

I plan on making watch straps out of this leather.

Thanks!

Neil

I know Acadia has some really nice blues. You could always split it down yourself. Use some card stock to the desire thickness with a channel between each side and clamp a razor blade to them and feed the strap into it and pull through. There's a YT video out there with it, let me see if I can find it. brb...

Found it:

Edited by battlemunky
found the video

Acadia has some really nice leather, but a bit more $$ than I want to spend.  I think I'll try the leather I posted and also try to thin it out a bit...  I've seen that and tried it but I didn't have a wide enough skiving knife....  Now I do and looking at that video again, I think I see what I may have done wrong.  I'll definitely practice with an old belt from the thrift store!

Thanks for all the info!  I'll report back.

Neil

Cool beans! If you can, please post pics too. I haven't made a watch strap in several months since I watched that video so I've yet to try it.