chrisash

Round Knife workbench stand STL file

Hi Folk

My impression of a Round knife workbench stand, you are all welcome to make, no limits etc

Design at present the blade length is 152 mm wide, the depth of the slot for the blade from ferule to bottom is 55 mm

I suggest a brim of about 10-20 to give strength whilst making and time to print about 6 hours

I can extend dimensions if required

Round Knife workbench stand.stl

Round-Knife-workbench.jpg

Round-Knife-workbench-stand.jpg

That looks great!!!   

- Bill

Thanks bill, but it does not look like anyone else is interested, maybe they all make their own stands or don't see the need

I appreciate Bill and others like RockyAussie sharing the files.  I don't own a 3d printer yet, so I gratefully store the files for the future.

Chrisash,

Nice work. I also liked your 2 round knife concept you displayed in an earlier post. I don't have a printer but could find someone...I know the University of Colorado has one in their student library. So...maybe I can find one at a more local university....or I'll send the file to my friend who is on staff at the University of Colorado and ask him to make one. Can you send the files/ single and  double versions in a PM to my message box here in leatherworker? I'll provide my private email address to send the file.

I have a few bits of 13 oz leather. I'm thinking of taking your design and making a stand up box using what I have. I think that may be a good start for trading ideas on storing the round knife on a workbench in a handy location with the blade not drawing blood every-time I reach in the last general location for it. 

My other consideration is with all the time I'm investing in sharpening my own tools I don't want to mess with an edge that took time which had me put on another band-aid to stop the bleeding. 

Joe