Sign in to follow this  
JLSleather

Who got the THING (and the skill to use it)?

Any can do a sort-of filigree in fairly heavy leather?  Probably a laser job, though a plotter may be able to do it.

"Could" take a job needing a script font name cut out of leather about 7/8 oz, and probably be done in bridle leather (or harness if it's purdy).

Anybody doing that?  References?

I could do a few of these on occasion, but certainly won't be doing enough to warrant equipment purchase.  Prefer to hire someone already has that skill if possible.

Disclaimer:  This topic for information gathering; i.e. not an offer of employment.

1 hour ago, JLSleather said:

Any can do a sort-of filigree in fairly heavy leather? 

"Could" take a job needing a script font name cut out of leather about 7/8 oz, and probably be done in bridle leather (or harness if it's purdy).

Probably a laser job, though a plotter may be able to do it

Anybody doing that?

Maybe I should have posted in "help wanted"?  

If you can basically do a FILIGREE in HEAVY LEATHER... I have a gal wants a NAME in CURSIVE FONT.  It "could" be tooled and painted, or tooled and filigreed traditionally with a knife, or .... laser cut would likely be the cleanest method.

So, WHO cuts a NAME in CURSIVE FONT in "heavy" leather (8 oz) for a fee?  Need it MORE clear?  I'm wiling to PAY to have it done. But NOT looking for somebody to "partner with";  it's a one-time 'gig' IF the time frame and terms are acceptable.

SO FAR, looking on line, I have found a couple places that do that, but not a word about pricing or time frame. I understand "custom", but surely you can give a ballpark figure, like "$x per inch" or something like that - the CUTTING isn't custom... you input a graphic file and hit the "go" button.  Most want us to sign up, or register, or some other means of then spamming us to no end for the next decade.

Edited by JLSleather

This guy may be able to put you in touch with someone, to me his work looks great