Just finished this for a friend. Used my Anaconda as a pattern but its going on a Taurus The only dif is the Taurus is 3/4 " longer. 

44holster1.JPG

44holster2.JPG

That's a bit different layout - I don't mind that one bit ;)  Looks like once a fella got used to the different snap config, should work right fine. :thumbsup:

Might try makin' one with the back laminated... prolly hold it's form longer.  And if I was being picky, I'd offer ta send ya some lighter thread.  I don't mind light thread on dark leather (even white on black) but I aint never been a fan o dark thread on lighter leather.  Personal preference is all ;)

41 minutes ago, JLSleather said:

That's a bit different layout - I don't mind that one bit ;)  Looks like once a fella got used to the different snap config, should work right fine. :thumbsup:

Might try makin' one with the back laminated... prolly hold it's form longer.  And if I was being picky, I'd offer ta send ya some lighter thread.  I don't mind light thread on dark leather (even white on black) but I aint never been a fan o dark thread on lighter leather.  Personal preference is all ;)

Thank you  for the compliment its basically my 1911 pattern lengthened to fit . Yea the dark thread probably wont happen a gain lol. But its pretty stiff due to double thickness on both sides. I wet formed it and the back doesn't show much from the cylinder. Its about 10 oz leather  The fat flap might warp a bit and the snap configuration is still being thunk about as it does double duty as a shoulder holster or belt holster, I guess time will tell, after next Elk season I'll know for sure.

25 minutes ago, chuck123wapati said:

But its pretty stiff due to double thickness on both sides.

Then you already got there... couldn't tell from the pic.  Never mind me then!

Course, when I was younger and doin more huntin'... we didn't need all that fancy stuff. We wanta deer, we just runnim down an snap 'is neck ;)

36 minutes ago, JLSleather said:

Then you already got there... couldn't tell from the pic.  Never mind me then!

Course, when I was younger and doin more huntin'... we didn't need all that fancy stuff. We wanta deer, we just runnim down an snap 'is neck ;)

LOL yea I used to run up along side of the Antelope and pinch em to see if they were fat enough if so I would just slide a noose around their neck an lead em back to the truck. I really appreciate your opinion of my work and hope to get close to your quality one of these days.

What dikman said. Looks great I like the two tone effect! Thanks for sharing

I likely  thumbs up !!!!

16 hours ago, dikman said:

Sorta looks like a modern version of a Slim Jim. Very neat.

Now that you mention it yes. Thank you! a guy could sew a faux strap around it to enhance that look  I'll bet

7 hours ago, noobleather said:

What dikman said. Looks great I like the two tone effect! Thanks for sharing

Thank you. The two tone will even out I rubbed it down good with Feibings golden mink oil but and it sinks in faster where the leather isn't flexed 

3 minutes ago, Frodo said:

I likely  thumbs up !!!!

Thank you!

Edited by chuck123wapati
more info

Finished the shoulder harness No dye except for bison tan an the small strap mildly stamped and burnished, used a bit of edge kote. Finished with fiebings golden mink oil

44holster3.JPG