Sign in to follow this  
sheridanleather

Sheridan Leather Outfitters

Just joined up...been very interesting to click through a lot of the discussions here. We are a (mainly leather) supplier: Sheridan Leather Outfitters. We know many of the members as customers etc: Denise Nikkel recently asked me to look over the forum again, and I decided to join up. As a supplier, I feel a little strange using this excellent resource to solicit business, so I will mainly be around to answer questions.

Thanks--Vandy Douglas

Vandy,

Glad you decided to join. There always seem to be questions on here about leather (surprise, surprise) and I know with your knowledge you will be a great resource for the people on the forum. Looking forward to learning from you.

Denise

Edited by Rod and Denise Nikkel

Vandy,

Indeed, welcome to this great forum. Most everyone here sells something. Many of us have a lot to learn about leather (especially quality and treatment issues).

Regis

Welcome and Great to have you here Vandy.

Ken

Hello, Vandy! Glad you are here!

Please don't feel shy about talking about your business. If you can offer someone what they are looking for, please speak up. No one is going to look down on you for spamming, because you aren't. You are a retailer/supplier who cares enough about your customers to participate in the forum, and you are very welcome to do so. Why don't you post your store telephone number or website so people can check out Sheridan Leather? Do you offer catalogs or swatches? Let everyone know!

I'm really glad to "meet" you. You have a reputation as one of the stellar leather suppliers in the US, and I can see why. I wish you continued success, and look forward to your input around here. Welcome to leatherworker.net !!

Johanna

Hello and welcome to the forum. As a supplier I'm sure you get reviews from your clients which products work the best for the money and that kind of information is very valuable and useful to those of us that need and use those products. Dan

Please leave info on your business. I visited Sheridan a year ago and although I knew it is a center of leather craft, I couldn't find any businesses. I did see your store by accident but when I stopped, you were closed.

SkipJ

Vandy and Luke,

Welcome to this forum. For those who have not been in the shop or dealt with Sheridan Leather Outfitters, they are one of the good suppliers out there. They sponsor a social get-together/BBQ during the Sheridan leather show. They stock a lot of exotic leathers, and have a large line of leather conditioners and hard to find things like SS nails in several varieties. They have a full line of saddle hardware and buckles. Tools by Barry King, J Cook, and a good guy named Bob Douglas. Good people to deal with.

Please leave info on your business. I visited Sheridan a year ago and although I knew it is a center of leather craft, I couldn't find any businesses. I did see your store by accident but when I stopped, you were closed.

SkipJ

I am sorry you were not able to visit the store--we love to have people stop in and see our selection... You can reach us best by telephone at 888-803-3030. There are only three of us full-time: Vandy, Luke and Emily: Steve helps us out on Thursdays--anyone can help you with your leather or tool questions, so please feel free to ask away. We do not have a catalog or website yet--I haven't met my goal to have it done... Please call up and we can add you to "the list" and you will receive one when it is done.

Vandy