Sign in to follow this  
ClayB

Chat, anyone?

I was thinking I would try and be in the chat room Saturday evening around 6PM mountain time. If anyone wants to join me they would be more than welcome. No topic or anything, just hang out and get to know each other.

Clay

I was thinking I would try and be in the chat room Saturday evening around 6PM mountain time. If anyone wants to join me they would be more than welcome. No topic or anything, just hang out and get to know each other.

Clay

You all missed a good chat session last night. Lots of good info, a chance to pick up tricks, ask questions, and make friends. We are thinking of doing it again next week.

Tom Katzke

Central Oregon

Could a regular time be scheduled? I think it would be great for a regular session to set up. Saturdays at 7 or whatever. Get some feedback and time suggestions. One time may be good for some but not for others. Post what you think.

Jim

I like the idea of a regular scheduled time. For me, Saturday or Sunday evening would probably be best. To get people from the east and west coasts on at the same time might be difficult. My suggestion would be to try 9 PM eastern time. That makes it pretty early on the west coast, but otherwise it gets pretty late on the east coast. What's everyone else think?

Sounds like a good start. Since I'm one of those old folks that doesn't have to go out on Saturday nite and drink and .... well, I do remember those days though. For me the time is good, 8 central. How about it folks, any more ideas?

Jim

something came up and i had to leave but will be back around 8:30-9 pm mountain time.

Hi folks

I had a great time in chat with ClayB and Tom Katzke last nite. Need more people to join in. How about a regulat Sat nite schedule. Give some feedback pro or con. Can't act on it if no input

Jim

Hi folks

I had a great time in chat with ClayB and Tom Katzke last nite. Need more people to join in. How about a regulat Sat nite schedule. Give some feedback pro or con. Can't act on it if no input

Jim

Jim,

Just wanted to follow up on last nights chat.

The concert we went to was of religious music. The main performance was the Durufle Requiem. It was very good but went longer then I thought.

The video on dyeing I recommended is 'Basic Dyeing & Finishing With George Hurst' Like I said it is very basic but gives a good grounding on the major techniques. I do not think anyone ever knows all there is to know about dyeing or finishing leather. It is a good idea to just experiment sometimes. Having the basic info will keep you from doing things that others already know will not work.

Did I miss anything good after Clay came back and I left?

Tom Katzke

Central Oregon

Hi

I just ask a lot of questions. To me my leatherworking hobby is like my choice of work. I'm a surveyor and I had to work for a surveyor for about 5 years before I could take out a crew on my own. Only then did my time as an apprentice really start. I had another 6 years before I could take my test to become a surveyor. Same with this. I'm asking questions and making mistakes but still trying. I haven't gotten anywhere near the apprentice stage yet. Thats why I would like to see a good chat session take place regularly. A place to ask and learn from the more experienced and the pros. Thanks for your tips and there will be more questions.

Thanks

Jim

HI folks

I'll be online tonite around 8pm central if anyone is interested. Only way to make it work is if we use it.

Jim

I'll try and be there too.

Clay

HI folks

I'll be online tonite around 8pm central if anyone is interested. Only way to make it work is if we use it.

Jim

Maybe they are confused and think that they need special software or a head set or something?

If you are interested all you need to do is click on "Live Chat" on the very top tool bar of the forum page. It will take you to the chat room. I have had it take a while to connect. If the chat session does not show up you may need to click on show rooms to see it.

Give it a try and come visit.

Tom Katzke

Central Oregon

I think part of the problem might be that at the bottom of the screen where it tells who is in the live chat room doesn't seem to work very well. Even if it doesn't say anyone is in the room, go and check and there might be some people in there. Johanna showed up this week. Slowly, this might catch on.

Clay

I think I fixed that, Clay. Maybe it will help when people can see who is on the board and/or in live chat. It was timing out after 5 minutes, now it should expire naturally. Ummm means when the user clicks out.

Johanna

i hit the chat lastnite, good stuff rite there !! Had to take a 30 min break to watch TMW and get my video fix. Although they didn't show #8 which was the one i wanted to see. ARG !!

When i came back grrrreat info to be had. All i had to do was ask. I think just the BSing was the best though. It gives you a little more insight to a person.

Thanks for all the tips Clay & Tom.

Also everone be looking for a HOW TO , step by step with lots of pictures on Figure Carving by Clay !!!!!

Sorry Clay but the live chat ain't Vegas ....

R U chatting Sat. nite (7th) ?

R U chatting Sat. nite (7th) ?

I will try and be on about 8 Central time

Clay