For super newb to leather crafting...think they came out fairly well.  For knives I've made. One is saddle tan pro dye and the other is chocolate pro dye. Finished with 50/50 mix Resolene and water. Chocolate is almost black.  A little too dark for what I thought it would be.  But it's alright.  What do you think?

20200510_163241.jpg

20200510_163344.jpg

The knives and the sheaths are awesome! 

Thank you Chuck!

Still have not completely figured out back saddle stitching.  

I'm impressed.  I'm  going to have to buy a nice knife so that I can work on a sheath for it.  Your work is excellent.

Good job on the leather and very nice blades....

6 hours ago, DaveP said:

A little too dark for what I thought it would be

Nice job on the sheaths and the knives are absolutely beautiful. If the color is too dark for your liking, you might try mixing a bit of the chocolate into some saddle tan to adjust the tint for the next sheath. Test it on a piece of scrap until you get it where you want it. I think it's just fine the way it is though.

Very nice. I've had success mixing the chocolate about 3:1 (denatured alcohol:dye). A few coats and it still stays brown. Dark brown, but brown, not black. You could even go more dilute.

Screenshot_20200510-225704_Gallery.jpg

That's a great color. 

You're saying 3 part alcohol to 1 part dye..correct?

Yes. That's correct. 3(denatured alcohol): 1(dye)...or 4:1. Experiment on some scrap of the leather you're using. Every leather will take the dye a little differently. More than one or two coats will likely be needed. Apply in different directions. I gave up on the chocolate initially. It sat in my cabinet for a very long time until I tried diluting in this way. When you get it, post a picture here for us to admire, then share the ratio that worked for you.