climent

Setting a Consew needle positioner on a 206RB-1 machine. What screw?

I have a needle positioner that came with a CSM1001 to be installed in my 206rb machine, but the screw that fits the main axle by the hand wheel does not fit the coupler in the positioner.

Does anyone know what screw I should purchase to install it?

Thanks!

PXL_20201215_145545369.jpg

PXL_20201215_145533254.jpg

I agree with Constabulary.  I have done that in the past.   downsize the dia. of the head of the screw to fit in the synchronizer head.

glenn 

4 hours ago, Constabulary said:

I´d grind or file gown the rim of the crew

The screw is not long enough. I would also have to cut the coupler.

I'd rather try to obtain a new screw that is long and fits, before taking the saw and the grinder out of the tool box.

But in the end, i will have to do what's necessary. /shrug

Thread Pitch and Dia. 17/64-24

I use Singer part number 200006 screw for mounting the hub onto the top arm shaft end.

Reviving this old thread, hope that is ok!?  I am in the same boat.

New to registering on this site (but have lurked for a while) and to a mint 206rb-2 and I am having the same problem, 17/64-24 is such an odd size screw...  I have yet to take the balance wheel off and inspect what is going on but it seems from the parts list that the set screws hold the balance wheel on the shaft, what does part #50 have to do with adjusting the balance wheel?  Why is the screw split?

I am thinking about drilling and tapping that hole to either 5/16 or 7mm, is that a bad idea?  It sure is difficult to find Singer part #200006 or Consew #10646 (hook saddle screw for Consew 744rXX or 745RXX)

robc-1648675760.png

robc-1648675725.png

robc-1648674848.png

Do not retap hole.  I myself would take a Dremel and enlarge the opening in  the synchronizer clamp so screw fits.  I have done it in the past.  Dremel with drum sander attachment.  The clamp metal will be softer than the screw head.  The screw is spit so that it holds snug in the hole in the shaft.  It will take a little work.  Have  a micrometer near you to check the screw diameter and hole in clamp.

glenn

17 hours ago, robslc said:

Reviving this old thread, hope that is ok!?  I am in the same boat.

New to registering on this site (but have lurked for a while) and to a mint 206rb-2 and I am having the same problem, 17/64-24 is such an odd size screw...  I have yet to take the balance wheel off and inspect what is going on but it seems from the parts list that the set screws hold the balance wheel on the shaft, what does part #50 have to do with adjusting the balance wheel?  Why is the screw split?

I am thinking about drilling and tapping that hole to either 5/16 or 7mm, is that a bad idea?  It sure is difficult to find Singer part #200006 or Consew #10646 (hook saddle screw for Consew 744rXX or 745RXX)

robc-1648675760.png

robc-1648675725.png

robc-1648674848.png

We have Singer #200006 screw in stock.

Hey Glenn and Bob, thanks for the replies!

I unfortunately bought the Consew csm1001 servo motor package, as you guys probably know every part is made as cheaply as possible, including the softest screws on the planet, the phillips heads strip if you look at them wrong.  The positioner and round fitting that attaches to the balance wheel are now 99% plastic.  The round fitting and the part of the positioner (with the set screws) that holds the fitting seems like it's made out of good nylon (possibly glass reinforced) and the tolerances are good...

The existing screw is still too short even though it now fits inside the round fitting.  I'll be calling Toledo today for the 200006 screw and I'll be sure to pad the order with needles and thread and when this cheap motor dies, I'll be calling them for the Family Sew FS-550s motor...

PXL_20220331_155211996.jpg

PXL_20220331_155111507.jpg

Edited by robslc

Where can I buy the synchronizer adapter and or mounting hardware.  I already have a syncronizer.

Also is the outer diameter of the adapter all the same? My synchronizer inner diameter is 0.875"

I’d be very surprised if anyone lists that for sale as separate piece, but there are probably a hundred synchronizer kits that haven’t been used and are on shelves free for the asking - I had one, but tossed it thinking nobody would ever need it.  If you keep asking around someone will have it.

Interesting... I have a 206RB-5 and also a Techsew 2750 Pro and what I miss most on the Consew is a needle positioner.  I've gotten used to it on the Techsew and I love it.  What's involved in adding a needle positioner to my machine?  New motor? Difficult, expensive?  I mean I don't HAVE TO have it, but it would be nice.