Sign in to follow this  
chrisash

Hook screwdriver

It had to happen, the only thing i could not check was under the hook as the three tiny screws were stuck

Yesterday solved another problem and thought i had pulled the needle thread all out of the needle so gave it a spin to check all OK and jammed the hook with 138 bonded nylon

I have the cheap small screwdriver kits but no way with them to apply and good pressure using them and after a good deal of searching i cannot find a right angle screwdriver that size of a good looking small driver kit with those loose heads and small ratchet handle

Any ideas on how to loosen the screws, can only assume they may be locktighted

Maybe applying a bit of heat using a soldering iron or hair dryer may help to loosen the screws. Also maybe try a poor mans ratchet, vise grips on a screwdriver as close as possible to the screw head. While pushing straight down on the screwdriver with one hand and turn the vise grips with the other. Just a thought.

kgg

Probably not Loctite!   Just very tight.   You need to find a very small ratchet with screw driver tips.  I have one and it works great on small tight screw heads.  Amazon carrys them but I got my elsewhere.

glenn

Edited by shoepatcher

Not sure if these maybe of use

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Toolzone-4pc-Offset-Screwdriver-Set/dp/B002NHAOA4

Hope this helps

JCUK

Edited by jcuk

A regular flat head screw driver works every time.  It's not cheating if you put the hook base into a bench vice to be able to have a solid base on the screw.  This can help a lot.    

Thanks folk all solved