1569577391_Screenshot_20210227-0705582.png.93a2bb9765ea3e13074b1bc4117ac35f.png1392829512_Screenshot_20210227-0706022.png.11356b722e6138fb6f13064e2eae19aa.pngOne of my favorite things to build because it requires you to slow down and really focus on craftsmanship. Alternating thread and copper rivets. Any critiques or pointers always welcome.

Looks great to me. The only thing missing is a pouch for your lighter.

I'm not too keen on it. Not so much the craftsmanship, but the fact that the cigars are exposed and need to have their wrapper in order to maintain their proper humidity. Not all cigars come wrapped in cellophane. I've plenty in my humidor that are bare, and were I to take them on the road I'd need a case that covers them completely, like this one:

IMG_2978__21383.1534857206.jpg

Granted, it's still not airtight sealed like a humidor, but it would keep the cigars fresh inside longer.

Sorry I can't heap praise. I'm frustrated as well, as I'm also trying to make cigar cases and have so far not been successful. That's the reason I readily clicked on this thread: I was interested in seeing what others have come up with.

Those rivets don't look peened down enough to me. It'll probably never matter because that will NEVER see the stresses required to cause a failure but still. Looks great to me but @Hardrada does appear to have a point. For cellophane wrapped it looks like it fits the need. Beautiful leather, btw.

I did note this is in the Show Off Section, not Critique My Work Section, even though he did ask for some critique so:

Love the colors of the leather contrasted with the blue thread and copper rivets.  Cool simple design, looks like it should provide some decent protection for the stogies.  Alternating stitching came out well.

Others have provided enough critique, so I won't add to it!  Welcome to the forum with your first post.

YinTx