Sign in to follow this  
Frodo

Having a bad day

rain on cheri's funeral - YouTube

Today we had services for my sister.  I am saying this just because it is making me feel better 

Cheri and I were both in California. I was in the service and she was married to some AH named Fred. When I was discharged i went over to her house and Got her. She left an abusive marriage, We both jumped on a greyhound and headed to Mississippi. She had a 1 year old and a 3 year old with her. . we spent 4 days on the bus stopping at every town between here and there. Finally we arrived. I had just discharged so I was doing ok money wise. Cheri did not have a dime to her name.  With the help of the family, She secured a job as a teachers assistant at minimum wage, Then she took advantage of HuD benefits and also received a Pell grant for college.  She raised 2 kids went to work full time and school at night. Brother did a lot of baby sitting, as time passed, she worked her way up the latter and received her masters in special education, and retired from the state hospital where she taught kids with both emotional, physical, and drug problems,

She was the rock of our family, She was my rock, She was who i called on Saturday mornings to just talk.

IMG_1224.JPG.b4f85054706b70483d7abf5f839bf355.JPG

IMG_1228.JPG

You have my condolences Frodo. She sounds like she was an awesome person.

So sorry. People with such strength are so rare.

You have my condolences as well friend

I can understand your feelings at this time

Thank you for feeling you could share this with us strangers on here

What an awesome woman your sister was and you too my friend! Heartfelt condolences and prayers can never be enough to heal the pain you feel but always know your friends are here to offer what help and support they can. God bless you and yours.