I've been really into making some smaller pocket sized items lately. Mainly to get rid of some scrap but also they can be made up in a couple hours and not several like my bags. I'm really loving these little card wallets and my fans seem to like them too!

Anyway, here's the latest. Dyed a nice brown, sponge antiqued, hand stitched with waxed nylon.

Enjoy!

Andy

post-8183-0-19811900-1351456070_thumb.jp

post-8183-0-63291700-1351456079_thumb.jp

Edited by AndyL1

very nice

I love your work...new logo and all :thumbsup:

If I may suggest, you should try and make a few "Magic Wallets"

They are basically two leather (or whatever material) sides with crossed elastic joining them. This makes it so that any $ or cards placed inside will be held down by the elastic tension. They make duct tape versions here on you tube

"

I am a hobby guy so do this all for fun and relaxation. Would like to see somebody who knows what they are doing make them.

Cheers, Scott

Very nice! Where do you get that style of money clip?

Some time ago I pitched some of my work at a fancy mens clothing store,the place where expensive lawyers buy a $1,000 suit . gave me a reality check my stuff is okay but in reality not okay enough for that store . Oh well back to the bench and try again . I would like to say that your card holders are what that shop keeper was looking for . Thats the level of superb craftsmanship that his customers expected . My compliments ! Some days you have to say to your self : If i cant see that in the hands of a $1,000 per hour lawyer ,why am I making it ? That market is out there and in my opinion your work would fit right in . Over the years I have seen truck loads of stuff so I am hard to impress ,been searching for the right words to close this ,so here goes: Simple ,Elegant ,Refined ,Classy , Stamped and signed with out a single extra stoke . Nuff said good as it gets . I would most likely sprain my arm patting myself on the back if something like that came off my bench . LOL Time to go back to the bench shift to a lower gear and try harder . Simply put : I am inspired ! Thanks for showing us your work ! APPLAUSE !!!!!!!!!

Andy.. This looks brilliant.. I can't say loads about it after Bill's comments.. Suffice to say.. :17: LOL..

Keep it up and when I'm a $1000 per hour lawyer, I know where to come for my leathergoods.. ;)

I would most likely sprain my arm patting myself on the back if something like that came off my bench . LOL

I know what you mean, Bill.. Sometimes less is more in this world..

Take care guys..

Regards

Phil

Some time ago I pitched some of my work at a fancy mens clothing store,the place where expensive lawyers buy a $1,000 suit . gave me a reality check my stuff is okay but in reality not okay enough for that store . Oh well back to the bench and try again . I would like to say that your card holders are what that shop keeper was looking for . Thats the level of superb craftsmanship that his customers expected . My compliments ! Some days you have to say to your self : If i cant see that in the hands of a $1,000 per hour lawyer ,why am I making it ? That market is out there and in my opinion your work would fit right in . Over the years I have seen truck loads of stuff so I am hard to impress ,been searching for the right words to close this ,so here goes: Simple ,Elegant ,Refined ,Classy , Stamped and signed with out a single extra stoke . Nuff said good as it gets . I would most likely sprain my arm patting myself on the back if something like that came off my bench . LOL Time to go back to the bench shift to a lower gear and try harder . Simply put : I am inspired ! Thanks for showing us your work ! APPLAUSE !!!!!!!!!

Thanks All! And special thanks to you Bluesman! Just a simple card wallet, but I am humbled by your praise. What's the address of this store? I'll need to send them some samples. HAHA! ;-)

Andy

Andy, I've been admiring those for a few days on facebook :)

I've actually been thinking about doing some small stuff like that for the same reasons, but now I have to figure out to not look like I ripped you off!!

Really though, those are super classy and the perfect addition to complement the new brand name.

Andy that is a great looking piece. Just wonder where you find the money clip?

Andy, I've been admiring those for a few days on facebook :)

I've actually been thinking about doing some small stuff like that for the same reasons, but now I have to figure out to not look like I ripped you off!!

Really though, those are super classy and the perfect addition to complement the new brand name.

Thanks Cyber! No worries on ripping off, I'm not the first one to make leather money clips for sure. ;-)

Andy that is a great looking piece. Just wonder where you find the money clip?

Very nice! Where do you get that style of money clip?

I get these from Ohio Travel Bag.

Could you explain how you do your antiquing please.. Looks superb!

Thanks! I call it "sponge antiquing". Basically I get a regular kitchen sponge damp, squeeze the water out of it, dab a little black dye onto it and just pat the leather with it. If you do it lightly and just build up the color and move the sponge it looks great. Once it's nearly dry I'll come back and wipe the piece with the same sponge. It will still have some dye residue on it and that will get into the tiny nooks and crannies of the grain. It's kind of fun to be messy!

Thanks all!

Andy

I don't really worry about being inspired by others ;)

I do a similar "antiquing" method with my pig lining leather. I just cover the bottle with one of my trusty disposable shop towels (the blue ones) and splash it up onto it. Then I just randomly blot the leather with it so it gets a cool antiqued marble look. Really adds personality to untooled leather. I'll have to try that with a damp sponge too.