I thought you might like to see this new belt pattern. I drew this and finished it in two configurations, for two different belts, at the customers request. These samples will be submitted for pattern approval.

The black belt will have black kangaroo laced edges in a Mexican Round Braid. The lighter belt will be stitched and have silver flower centers. Both belts will be two inches wide, tapered to 1", for buckle sets, when finished. I used alcohol dyes and paste antique on both samples....finished with Neat-Lac.

I added the nickel and dime for scale.

IMG_2055__Large_.jpg IMG_2053__Large_.jpg IMG_2052__Large_.jpg

As always, critiques & comments welcome, of course!

Bob

post-7682-1240465535_thumb.jpg

post-7682-1240465546_thumb.jpg

post-7682-1240465563_thumb.jpg

Edited by hidepounder

Very nice as usual, I like the smaller flowers with the Sheridan style but I have a lot of trouble when I try the smaller flowers, does not seem to come out right. So I tend to stay with the larger patterns.

RC

Very good looking, with the round braid it will be top notch!!!

Tom

Bob,

When are you going to buy a microscope.....they keep getting smaller and smaller. :rolleyes2:

Great work as always...

Regards,

Ben

Bob,

Belt sample's look great. I have only seen a few small floral like that. They were done by Don King, Jim Jackson, and Monty Reedy.

Ash

do you use a filagree blade on that?

pete

do you use a filagree blade on that?

pete

Pete,

I used a 1/4" HG angled blade that Bob Beard made for me. It's one of my favorites....

Bob

Thanks for all the nice comments, everybody...I appreciate them! I'm looking forward to making these and will post them when they're done.

Bob

Looks great! I can't wait to see the finished belt. Beautiful detail on such a small pattern.

Art

Bob,

Very nice as usual!

CAUTION! CAUTION!

I would think long and hard before I made another belt 2" wide. The reason is it will be hard to get through the belt loops and the customer will not be happy. And if you add lacing to the edge it will be harder, and in some cases impossible to get through.

Please discuss with customer and make sure they realize this and make sure it will fit before you go through all the work.

True story: I tried to talk a customer out of doing a 2" belt, he insisted so I made it. He fought it every time he changed pants and wished he had listened.

I learned the hard way on that deal.

Bob,

Very good looking samples! :thumbsup:

Can't wait to see the finished belt.

Johnny

Bob,

Very nice as usual!

CAUTION! CAUTION!

I would think long and hard before I made another belt 2" wide. The reason is it will be hard to get through the belt loops and the customer will not be happy. And if you add lacing to the edge it will be harder, and in some cases impossible to get through.

Please discuss with customer and make sure they realize this and make sure it will fit before you go through all the work.

True story: I tried to talk a customer out of doing a 2" belt, he insisted so I made it. He fought it every time he changed pants and wished he had listened.

I learned the hard way on that deal.

Hi Casey,

I know what you mean (been there too!)....we've dicussed this and she is insistant...these are to replace a couple of 2" Pohja belts that she's wearing now. When I make these they will net at/or just under, 2". I always trim down to allow for the width of the lace. Additionally, todays womens jeans are more forgiving than the Wranglers you and I wear. Thanks for having my back, though, I appreciate it!

Bob

Killer belts and they aren't even started yet. Sheesh!

:You_Rock_Emoticon::You_Rock_Emoticon::You_Rock_Emoticon:

Hi Casey,

I know what you mean (been there too!)....we've dicussed this and she is insistant...these are to replace a couple of 2" Pohja belts that she's wearing now. When I make these they will net at/or just under, 2". I always trim down to allow for the width of the lace. Additionally, todays womens jeans are more forgiving than the Wranglers you and I wear. Thanks for having my back, though, I appreciate it!

Bob

Just trying to save some hassle.

I did leave out the best part of the story earlier. He ordered another belt....1-3/4"!

It was hard not to rub it in.

Just trying to save some hassle.

I did leave out the best part of the story earlier. He ordered another belt....1-3/4"!

It was hard not to rub it in.

:thumbsup:

That is beautiful work. one day I will make myself a belt, then again, that's a lot of tooling.

Great work!

ShirleyZ

That is beautiful work. one day I will make myself a belt, then again, that's a lot of tooling.

Great work!

ShirleyZ

Thanks, Shirley, I appreciate it! These two do have a lot of tooling and will take at least twice as long or longer to make.

Bob

That is some of the best tooling I have ever seen. I hope at some point in life I could be half that good. :notworthy:

Great looking carvings . . . keep up the great work!!

lilrays

Bob, by now you have to be aware that many of us ( most?) are in awe of your skills, but this time I'm in awe of your patience. All that small carving and detail make me tuckered just thinking about it. Very cool though, and I keep tryin to learn something from each submission. Thanx