I continue to learn and practice.

If someone can direct me to some tutorials about clutches, patterns, I will be very much appreciated.

This time I decided to make my first clutch bag. I had a cheap, soft piece of brown goat leather, good enough to use for it.

During process made a few mistakes, now just have to adjust a pattern, plus I think that I need a better stabilizer around edges. This type of leather was way to soft and stretchy.

Bag color is brown, although it looks like black. Dark red cow lining, gunmetal hardware.

Size: 6" x 9" x 2". Handle is 24" drop, removable.

My old vintage handbag by MURRAY KRUGER was a huge help, I wasn't really sure how to attach a bottom and sides or if I made a correct pattern. As a result , I had to cut a new sides and bottom pieces. Old ones were used for a new phone case, that why it slightly short, but I need something to practice my hand saddle stitches. :unsure:

_DSC1770.jpg

_DSC1773.jpg

_DSC1774.jpg

_DSC1778.jpg

_DSC1781.jpg

This is my vintage helper on the left with the picture of the inside of it.

_DSC1783.jpg

_DSC1715.jpg

With the phone case

_DSC1786.jpg

I continue to learn and practice.

If someone can direct me to some tutorials about clutches, patterns, I will be very much appreciated.

This time I decided to make my first clutch bag. I had a cheap, soft piece of brown goat leather, good enough to use for it.

During process made a few mistakes, now just have to adjust a pattern, plus I think that I need a better stabilizer around edges. This type of leather was way to soft and stretchy.

Bag color is brown, although it looks like black. Dark red cow lining, gunmetal hardware.

Size: 6" x 9" x 2". Handle is 24" drop, removable.

My old vintage handbag by MURRAY KRUGER was a huge help, I wasn't really sure how to attach a bottom and sides or if I made a correct pattern. As a result , I had to cut a new sides and bottom pieces. Old ones were used for a new phone case, that why it slightly short, but I need something to practice my hand saddle stitches. :unsure:

_DSC1770.jpg

_DSC1773.jpg

_DSC1774.jpg

_DSC1778.jpg

_DSC1781.jpg

This is my vintage helper on the left with the picture of the inside of it.

_DSC1783.jpg

_DSC1715.jpg

With the phone case

_DSC1786.jpg

It looks amazing. Pretty much perfect. Great job!

Beautiful outside and inside :)

Once again this looks great! I love it when people post process pictures and videos. There are SO many ways to do a give thing that it is interesting to see how each person handles a particular item.

Is that an open-cell padding that you used to give the "quilting" a little 3-D effect?

The only thing that I see that you may want to give some thought to is the attachment for the D-ring straps. The stitch line runs right across the strap, which very much weakens the attachment. It can act as a perforation across the leather at that point and tear easily. If, instead, you use a curved line for the stitches, or perhaps a V shape, or even two straight lines along the edge, the stress is then spread in such a way that it will be far stronger. You just have to get a little creative in making it both strong and pretty.

Thanks !

Bill

Totally agree with DuaneS comment. Amazing work

More please

Peter.

http://www.artisanleatherworks.co.uk/

Ohh my goodness, it is just amazing!!!

Wow! What beautiful and professional grade work!!!

Thanks for sharing your work and the details of its construction,

awesome work and pictures ,

we are our own worst critics for some reason,, looking for perfection

David